6.08.2009

Week of 6/1 - 6/6

So Monday I was busy recovering from the lack of sleep and developed a sore throat with the feeling that I had some phlegm buildup in the back of my throat as well (very very uncomfortable; to this day I'm still not recovered from this). I realized it was pops birthday on Tuesday, so I pondered what I could do since my mom and sister were gone (in Beijing).

Tuesday during lunch I rushed home a) because I found out my dad got Lyme disease that morning, and b) so I could pick up a cake for his bday. I picked up a large tart cake (a family tradition to eat on special occasions). This particular one had mandarin oranges, blueberries, and small amounts of blackberries (crucial so you don't get those damn seeds in between your teeth). On the way back I had planned to pick up some hoagie haven, but realized it wasn't entirely on the way back and I had to get back to work, so I skipped that and just went home to eat some chips.

At night, I busted out the tart and my dad was visibly pumped as he didn't expect it. We enjoyed a piece each and it was delicious.

Oddly, when he had called me earlier about the dr. appointment, he made it seem like lyme disease wasn't that serious, obviously because the dr. didn't make a big deal about it. I looked it up online and it is freaking pretty bad although not fatal. It's basically a disease you keep for the rest of your life that affects your joints, arthritis and you get some flulike symptoms in the beginning. He was prescribed some antibiotics, so hopefully that works.

I hung with Corey and Jenna at their new place in Plainsboro on Tuesday night. They had not yet finished all the unpacking, but it was a pretty nice place about 2 min from the tennis club he works at and about 5 min from my parents' house. Unfortunately I don't think I will be hangin out w/Jenna's friend Wei anytime soon as I think he has lost the drive to introduce me to her. I am starting to feel badly about asking him, but he seemed pumped about it before. The problem is this girl seems very flaky when it comes to hanging out, but then again I really should just make plans. I think I'm going to have Corey get her # and try to get a date myself with her.

Wednesday I hit up Hoagie Haven and got a sanchez which is chicken tenders with mozzarella sticks and french fries, it was pretty damn good and unhealthy at the same time. I forgot to tell them to put LT in there unfortunately, so I filled it with some Lettuce when I got home. I had went to Kingston deli 2 days in a row, getting a breakfast sandwich that was delicious and a buffalo chicken sandwich that I didn't like much since it was the sliced buffalo chicken.

Thursday I had to pick my mom/sis up from EWR and proceeded to watch half the game from Princeton and didn't watch the rest of the blowout as I was driving back to Edison. My sister got me these SICK cufflinks from the watercube in Beijing. They basically look like the outside of the watercube. I also got a pendant on red string for I think it was protection? I put that on my other chain that I recently fixed but broke again which is a wish or dream bucket with a lid? I'm not even sure, but it looks nice.

Friday I wanted to go out, but no one was around. I was planning to go into the city to meet up w/Anita, but that fell through. It was good in a way because my tennis lesson Friday was postponed til Sat morning due to the rain, so I needed to stay around NJ to be awake for that. I ended up just losing money in poker and testing out pokertracker which I purchased that Thursday on advice from Niv.

Saturday Anand called me early after my lesson was finished around noon. I went over to his place to ball. Unfortunately, during the first game, Rishi really screwed up his knee and we're still not sure what's wrong with it. We took him to the ER and the x-rays and cat scans were positive. We're just waiting now for him to go to an orthopedist to check out if he has ligament damage. He injured it on a drive where he found me cutting to the basket in traffic; I finished.

We started that game over and played me, Anand and some short hispanic kid. We thoroughly dominated. I completed my first spin move drive of my career and Anand said it looked pretty and quick (it felt like it took a long time to do the 360). In the 2nd game, Anand and I played w/this dude in Black that I was busy dominating defensively in the last game. He basically had no bball iq, and took fade away jumpers over my outstretched hands; he also could not post and go to his right shoulder (similar to Dwight Howard). it was a tough game even though we played 3 hispanics whose total height may have been 13 ft. I dominated the glass, but they hit almost every shot. Near the end of the game I took over and finished a lot.

Later we just ordered some food (penne vodka w/chicken was DELICIOUS). People started comin over around 9 and we were ready to go to BLVD in the city around 1030. Unfortunately, there were some guest list problems and no one wanted to go anymore, so we changed plans to hit up hoboken. The problem was Anita was gonna meet me at BLVD, so instead of lookin like I was duckin her, I called her to let her know we were no longer going.

340 grille was poppin. Rishi noticed a group vacating a table and we quickly went over and sat down. I told him to order drinks from a waitress immediately, so it would seem like we were supposed to be at the table. It worked... no one gave us problems and we were sitting on a long ass couch in the middle of the lounge. Great music made for great dancing.

By the end of the night I had not been hollerin at any girls. One girl I noticed w/tattoos was starin at me when I came in and she clearly was with a guy. While I was at the table dancing she was bending over to put something into her bag; she loooked up at me, I gave her that smile and she gave me one right back. I don't really like messing with girls w/dudes though, so I didn't approach. The rest of the girls though? I was basically a bitch and didn't do much. I realized from now on my opening line in those situations will be, "Hi I'm Ken how are you tonight?" Should work right? Basically if a girl thinks you're attractive, 90% of what you say should work.

Before we were leaving, Rishi opened up 3 asian girls. I all of a sudden got pulled by a blonde chick who said, "You HAVE to dance w/my friend. She loves Asians." So I had no choice, and asked the more conservative looking brunette friend, "So do you know why i'm supposed to dance w/you?" She said, "Well my friend actually wants to dance w/you; she loves asians, but she's a bit shy." So during my confusion we chatted despite her already having been talking to some dude (who obviosuly was not pleased, but coudln't do much about it). We were talking about how she doesn't like dancing because she feels awkward when the blonde (who was basically freaking it on the dance floor w/some dude) comes over and asks how things are going and starts grindin up on me. We danced for a while and when the song ended I asked her what the deal was w/that dude she had been dancing with, that I didn't want to piss him off. She said he's nobody and then left, very drunk.

I continued to chat up christine and eventually got her number. She told me she wanted to hang out in New Brunswick this weekend, so hopefully we can do that on Friday after my tennis lesson.

I'll chat about Sunday tomorrow. Basically I'm done w/this long long post.

No comments: