6.29.2009

Gettin my drink on.

Saturday I woke up after only about 5 hours of sleep and felt extremely awkward as Gav's roommate was around. I'm not sure why, but I just get a sense he may be annoyed I'm around? I therefore must find other ways to survive if I'm to stay in NYC on weekends, because I just feel real awkward.

In the morning I spoke with Nancy for a while before goin over to Daigo's to get some breakfast before ball. I walked down to St. Marks and 3rd and we went to some Japanese place, Zaiya, I think. I just got 2 croissants that were very very very good and OJ to destroy any germs I got from sleeping on a couch the night before.

After a while, we discussed ball and for some reason Daigo didn't feel up to it?!?!? I was pissed!! I decided at 10:45 I wouldn't go get my stuff cuz it may rain and it'd take 2 hours to get all the way back from JC w/my stuff and it was a risk. After 5 min I realized this was horsepoop, and ran out the door saying I was gonna play no matter what cuz i freaking love ballin. It took me 20 min to get on the bus and for it to start moving. I got to my car about 50 min after I left and as I walked up South st. I saw some open spots that would save me a walk back down South, so I got to my car and parked near in what I thought was an open spot; there was a curb, but it looked like big truck tire marks on the dirt inside the curb and there was a lot of construction there; there was no "No Parking" sign, so I asked some dude walkin around who had just came out of a nearby apartment who said he sees trucks goin in and out all the time; I decided not to risk it, made the turn back around on Bleeker and to my enjoyment, the 3rd spot there was open!!!!! I literally had a 7 second walk to the bus stop!

I quickly changed in my car and brought my bag with me. I ended up getting on the NQR and MISSING MY STOP AT UNION SQUARE.... I was madd tired and tryin to check out this really cute younger looking latina w/a curvy body. Luckily, the tunnels for uptown and downtown connected and I got on the next train back w/o paying, but waiting around 5 min. I noticed I missed U Square around 12:47 and I got back around 1. I ran over to the crosstown eastbound L and got out of the station around 1:05. I called Daigo up and he hadn't left yet once I got to the court. We had 2nd next, so we had plenty of time for him to walk from his apartment over.

After strapping on my new LeBron V's (they were MADD COMFORTABLE, NO BLISTERS!!!) we had a team of Daigo, myself, Verne (old black dude), and 2 others I dont' remember (one was very aggressive, and took it to the rim a lot which was good), but we lost a close game because the other team had this white dude in green who basically controlled the guy who basically wanted to D him up. He hit turn around jumpers in the paint, 3s and everything. Everyone else just sat around and shot 3s. I shut my guy in red down, but he didn't really do much; I'd like to think that was attributable to my D. I played pretty well, had a real nice dish to a cutting daigo in the paint that he didn't finish. I scored twice maybe and grabbed a couple boards.

We had to wait for 2nd next again and it was taking a while, so I went to the other court. I met Ian and got next w/him and Randy. We waited w/Verne for the 2nd next on court 1, but when it never came we got on w/Ian on court 2. We almost said no, but Daigo said the all important words, "We probably win on that court and play again." Playing again is KEY!!!! So we got on court, met our other teammate shawn and started running against a good looking team w/a big dude that is pretty good. We won the game fairly easily. Ian played like Toni kukoc. I passed it to him cutting in the post and I think he flipped it behind his back to Daigo who trailed him into the paint and daigo actually finished!!! I think we all played well.

The next game was against 5 short dudes that could all pretty much shoot. We ended playing decently, but the guys shot 5 2s to get up 10-6. Games were to 12, so it took them maybe 8 trips more to finish us. We played great D, but couldn't score!!! I actually got the ball once that time, kept the ball up and finished for the first time in my career I made that simple fundamental play.

We left to get some water cuz we were DYING and Daigo made a great choice; SUBWAY. Subway has cheap food and POWERADE ON TAP. We went in, but I noticed a big "REFILLS $1 sign," sO we started to leave. The guy asked us what was up and I said, "The refill sign son." He told us nah, he'd waive it, so we stayed and I thanked him profusely. I Straight GOT MY DRINK ON before, during and after my order. I didn't even eat any of my black forest ham/turkey sub at Subway. We eventually walked back to his friend's bro's place where he was staying for the weekend to dog sit for them as they were out of town.

Jumbalina was a FREAKING HUGE coffee brown Labrador retriever I guess and was very nice and looking for attention every chance she could get. Not aggressive at all, but very much hovering into your personal space at all times. We took her out for a walk to the dog park and I met Daigo's current roommate Raechy... sounds indian right? I thought so too, until I met her and she's CHINESE. I was confused, but when I found out her name was spelled Raechy, I figured maybe her parents thought it was a short cuter version of Rachel (or Raechel, I see you Rae Rae).

Me and Raechy basically hit it off and were shootin the breeze in the dog park while daigo was tryin to prevent Jum from jumping all over this one chick there. We saw 2 dogs including Jum get humped which was HILARIOUS. Many different breeds of dogs: terriers (boston), bulldogs, hot dogs, a big brown st. bernard, pugs, puggles, and others I don't remember and don't know the names of. One copped a long ass massage from me; he just chilled for a while before his head got sore and left (No he didn't tip me).

We eventually walked back and I was able to shower (rain shower meaning the water falls from on top of you which is nice, but a bit unnecessary; still nasty). Then finished my sandwich and watched some of the mets/yanks game before dozing off to sleep for an hour.

When I awoke it was time to eat and then go out. Unfortunately my phone was in dying mode due to all the tweets I sent out during the worst concert ever. I only knew Gav was thinkin about meeting up w/a friend of his and Neha was goin to Ava Lounge at 10:30, but it was too far from the lower east side and I didn't have time to iron my shirt!

Daigo and I settled on checking out Katz's deli (home of a huge corned beef or pastrami sandwich). I didn't feel like blowing up his bathroom, so we settled on authentic mexican. We got a guac appetizer and I got a house special chicken enchilada w/Moze(??) sauce that was very smoky and good. It was a great meal overall and I left happy.

Unfortunately, Daigo was gonna tap out since we had balled in the sun so long and he didn't know of anything going on (no one goes out anymore???), so I went over to Gav's place. During my walk over he was to pick me up in a cab, but my phone died mid convo, so i walked on the west side of 3rd and somehow he found me!!!

We just chilled at his place, and watched the 2nd half of karate kid as he cleaned up his things (still unpacking). Eventually no one wanted to go out (including me as it was already around 1), and we went to bed.

No comments: