What a freaking TERRIBLE ROAD. I was on bumper to bumper for maybe 8 exits and it finally cleared up a bit. The fortunate thing was it looked like I"d get there around 3, so I called to explain that. She told me that meant she'd have to get out of bed haha. I ended up getting there around 3:20 and to my dismay, she came down w/a friend. Nevertheless we set off on the drive down 687 towards manhattan. This road was packed as well and it was a very frustrating weekend in regards to driving. I had already driven 2.5-3 hours home and now I'd already had 1.5 hours getting to JFK. It took maybe 45 min to get into Flushing; I felt they'd be more comfortable there w/the chinese writing all over the place and the people all being chinese.
We parked in the lot in the middle of town outside and walked over to Nan Bei He (South North Lake directly translated). On the way over the ladies looked pretty cold; they had only packed summer clothing and didn't expect the chilly weather in June. Beijing temperature had reached the 30's (celsius) which is around 90-105 depending on where in the 30s. We decided to stop at a bubble tea place my ex had turned me on our last trip to Flushing together. They have the best tapioca balls (opened myself up I know). They elected for some sort of tea I didn't understand while I got old faithful milk tea w/tapioca. Oddly, they didn't even ask and paid for all of our drinks. I made the motion to let them know I realized they paid and they said it was ok. I really appreciated that because it at least showed I wasn't gettin played (I think).
We walked over to NBH and I sat across from the two ladies (always on the outside chair with or without someone on my side) at a small 4 person table on the left side. I told them this place is the home of the Taiwanese best beef rolls (beef rolled up w/scallions and sweet brown sauce inside a chinese scallion pancake). They noticed a part of the menu that looked like authentic Beijing lunch items, so I told them to order somethign they wanted from there so I could taste something they eat often. They went with a eggplant dish with brown sauce and bits of ground beef and basil. "This tastes NOTHING like what we eat," AC explained; her friend tried and said the same exact thing, but both of them agreed it was still tasty. They tried the beef rolls and LOVED THEM!!! I told you. Daigo has tried them and loved them as well.
Once we finished, we left and headed to Manhattan. Unfortunately on the way I missed the last exit before the bridge into Manhattan at the end of Grand Central Parkway... so I had to pay the $5 to get into the city, even though I was planning to park in Long Island City and take the subway in. I even could've gotten off and gone up the queensboro bridge and paid NOTHING. Horrible oversight (i'm cheap yes). So we cruised down the FDR and parked around the 50s to check out the local scenery. There really isn't anything to see in Manhattan other than NOTHING. Can someone tell me what to show people who come to NYC??? We walked for 5 min and hid under the awning of an apartment. I spoke to Gav on the phone to see if I could bring them around his place or what he thought I could show them, but literally no ideas popped out; plus it was raining pretty hard, so we just stood around and spoke. We decided to just go back since the weather was so bad, so we walked to the car. I did decide to take the opportunity to get pics of me and these ladies, so I suggested we went to the little park area to take pics w/Queens in the background.
I got a couple pics and we went back. The traffic was still terrible. I ended up staying w/them from 7 to around 10PM. My excuse was that the traffic goin back to Manhattan looked terrible, and in truth, I was pretty tired. Luckily they allowed me in their room where we chilled for a while. I unfortunately learned AC smokes, but she did smoke some sexy sexy cigarettes; they were very long and slim... I don't know much about stoges, but those were incredibly sexy. We ended up just talking (all in chinese) and I obliged when she wanted me to read their flight attendant announcements in English as they'd never heard a native speaker recite them. I told them the grammar was wrong in some and they said they both tthought so. I also learned all the flight attendants handed their passports to those 2, so we looked through them (I felt odd doing this), but it was cool seeing Chinese passports.
Eventually around 10 I decided I had to go meet up w/Gav and AC immediately said I'll walk you down. Her friend followed and in the elevator we saw the 2 attendants that went to the empire state building decked out in I HEART NYC shirts. Her friend and them started talking and we just went out the door ourselves to the parking lot. I started feeling like there was some sort of vibe here, but I was too terrified of breaking any conservative rules she may had since she's Chinese. I told her I'd drive her back to the front door (only like 60 ft away). We got in and I adjusted my GPS to find manhattan. She was kind of acting a tiny bit like she wanted to do something, but I didn't capitalize on it because again, I Feel chinese people are generally conservative, so I didn't want to try anything.
I backed up and drove to the front; as I drove I explained how people in the US like to hug and sometimes kiss when they say bye and she kinda did that ooooo, noooo lean back when I mentioned, so I quickly mentioned that I wasn't used to it since I've been back. We said our good byes when I stopped at the door, but she didn't make moves to get out. I don't know what she was waiting for; maybe i should've (I DEFINITELY SHOULD"VE) went in for a kiss right there, but her friend was right behind her looking... so I went the pussy way out and stared at her friend and she looked back. At that point it was her cue to get out, so she left and I sped off.
No comments:
Post a Comment