6.17.2009

Feeling like it will all fall apart

So I woke up around 9:20 and berated myself for forgetting the tennis lesson was at 10:30, so I went back to sleep after the lesson called and made sure we were still gonna do it. I woke back up around 10:15 and rushed out the door to try to find my girl. After driving around a community for 10 minutes trying to find a tennis court, I realized I was at the wrong one because there were 2 sections of the community and I obviously drove to the wrong one.

The lesson lasted an hour and I got a check meaning this will have to be reported (lets be honest I'm gonna report all, I'm a CPA for cryin out loud). I went back home and just decided to relax; I sat in the Chaise I got from Neha a year ago, fired up some poker tournaments (probably lost most of them) and turned the TV on. I basically vegged (I don't like that term) for the next 7 or so hours. I was to meet the Patel Bros and go out to Hiro in the Maritime hotel after heading to Hirak's new place which I've never seen.

Unfortunatly, they left before I got there. At about this point I started having a feeling that nothing was going to work out tonight; I had a lot of options; going to some place w/Rishi, then to Bar 13 (which is always a good time), go to 230 5th w/Christie, go to Hiro w/Anand and Aakash, Empire w/Neha, but for some reason I just felt like the night would go to the crapper.

Around 10:30 I left to visit Neha and Sud. They planned to go to Empire (a rooftop lounge like 230 5th), so as I walked over from Port Authority I picked up a slice of ziti pizza from Rays which was delicious. I FREAKING LOVE ZITI PIZZA.

I got to her place and we chilled watching John Q for a bit; it seemed like Neha was feeling very lazy, while Sud seemed annoyed w/o saying much about not going out. Eventually we talked ourselves out of the apartment, and found a HUGE line to the side of starbucks at Empire even at 11:30PM. We kept the taxi goin to meet Sud's beautiful asian (boyfriended) friend Chau at Players' in K Town (which is where I'll be having a delayed bday party sometime). It was a pretty nice place, very chill, great music, good atmosphere, but no dancing. That will change if I'm there.

So once we got there, Chau and Rich were there and we went to 230 5th; we got in line and I was hoping to see Christie there; the problem was they closed the place down to people in line and you couldn't even get bottle service to get in. I had been discussing Hiro w/Anand and he talked me into going (around 12:30ish?) and i took a $12 cab there, sat in line for 15 minutes (tried to chat up an asian chick) and then found out I couldn't get in w/o a chick (miss having a gf in this situation, but then again, there'd be no point to go... HUUUUUUH). So Anand came out, tried to chat up the front door lady and she had none of it, so I was doomed. I stood outside for a while waiting for Rishi, but he never showed and went to bar13 when I told him the ratio problem. I headed to Underbar to meet up w/Neha, Sud and Chau again; that place always plays great music, but you get no cell service.

Later we decided to head uptown around 2 and get Kati roll. I intro'd neha/sud to the potato/egg roll which is BANGIN. I had one of those and a chicken; these things are freaking 5 bucks each!!!!!!

We eventually went to bed after I watched a bit of some movie w/Diane lane cheating on Richard Gere that was supposed to be sick and WAS. Diane Lane is a great acctress.

In the end the night club wise and lady wise was a bust, but I did get to hang w/Sud and Neha. Sud is moving to Pitt soon so I won't be able to see that dude anymore, not that I did see him before. It's always great to see Neha, and lets be honest, it's always great makin money!!!

No comments: