Sunday I woke up @ Gav's again, but this time on the floor of his room because his roommate's bro patrolled the couch that night. I actually got better sleep on the floor (for some reason I'm very comfortable on the floor w/a pillow).I decided to follow him around for a couple hours as he ran some errands and move some things. We went to several shops and I think some chick kinda hit on me in Lenscrafters but for once I got to do the shooting down. We ran into the Gay Parade which was annoying because we had to wait to cross 6th ave. I planned to go to Daigo's to watch some of the soccer game, before going home to NJ to conduct a 3rd lesson w/customer 2.
Unfortunately when I got around to it, I left around 3 from Best Buy and it would be a long walk. I just decided to go home so I wouldn't risk any timing issues. I got home around 4 and called up my lesson around 4:15. She told me she had to do work; I had no messages nor phone calls, so I was kind of upset about this, but didn't show it. I dashed home when I could've chilled in NYC for a couple extra hours in the nice weather.
I decided to go outside to shoot some hoops before deciding to drive to St. Joes to check if there were any pickup games. There was a lax tournament that just ended there, so I drove to the Menlo Park Park behind the mall and to my delight there were games. I immediately got next and unfortuantely lost after being up 11-10 to 12 straight. I had a nice lefty jump hook as my team actually spread the ball and looked down low. I had a shorter but tough guy who was tough to post up; I tried a fake left and right hook and got blocked once. I did get a couple rebounds and played good D.
We had to wait over an hour for 2nd next which we ended up winning. I played pretty badly in the game, but people weren't lookin for me down low, and I blew one alley oop where I didn't realize how close i was to the basket and passed it out of bounds back to the passer. I also blew a reverse lay up in transition that I usually miss. Daigo correctly says I don't explode up to the basket, rather explode laterally which makes it more difficult. I did however get a couple loose balls and set some nice screens. We won that game fairly easily.
During the time there I met a kid Paul who is a rising sophomore at Liberty which is a school in VA that he plays bball for (division 1). I later realized Seth Curry (Stephen's bro) goes there which is sick! Paul looked like a good player when he walked on the court and he just had sick game. The dribbling was sick. I actually d'd him up at one point and put my hand into his chest to see where he was going without looking at him and it was a freaking ROCK. I just tried mine and it felt like a loaf of bread.
I eventually left after our game, showered and popped the blood blister that accumulated on the ball of my right foot. Terrible news for the physical inventory I'm doing on Tuesday in RI.
Martin ahad told me to hit some golf balls w/him around 7, but I had to charge my phone and unfortunately bball ran over time, so I got back at 8 and he was just finishing up.
I decided to go to A&P to try to find some women or at least buy some things to eat. I ended up getting no numbers as the only talent were teeny boppers (it seemed). I got 5-6 boxes of cheez itz which were 50% off, chocolate milk and 3 fruit punches that were only $1!!!
I then tried to go to BoA to deposit a check; with their new atm check system, you can just scan checks in. Unfortunately they don't leave pens out so you can sign your check, so I couldn't deposit yet... meatloaf.
Since then I've just been chilling, watchin tv and updating this blog to get current. I think these last 2 posts are out of order as I haven't updated for Friday yet. THat will come in a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment