6.05.2009

It's Saturday... Oooo OOOOO!!

We woke up in the morning and we went over to the Wynn after eating. We played some poker and we played 1/3 no limit for the first time in my life. Basically we went in and while I finished my sandwich, Amit and Aakash went to the poker room to play; I stayed w/anand to watch him play some BJ.

After finishing my lunch and watching, I headed over to the room and put myself down for 1/3. Unfortunately the A squad just got called as I punched my name in, so I knew it'd be a long long wait.

After about 2 hr I had sat down and lost maybe 30 of my $300 buy in. The guy on my left just sat down, a younger kid and a few minutes later the older guy on my right knocked out some dude in seat 2 on the other side of the table and said "I knew I'd get him". Left immediately asked him why? "He kept raising me out of pots and I knew he had nothing, I knew I was gonna get him one of these times."

After taht statement, Left kept punishing Right in pots and eventually right said "I know i have you beat but i have to fold" to an all in for no reason from Left on the river after a mutually checked turn. Left showed 7 high and I knew right was on tilt. Left even offered, "Hey one of these times you're gonna catch me just like you caught that other kid."

The next hand immediately comes up: Right limps in middle position, I wake up w/2 qs and raise to 15, folds to the SB who calls and Right calls as well. The flop? A good one, 10 6 5 rainbow. SB checks, Right actually bets 40 into a 35 dollar pot. I tank and think to myself, he could only have a set or 2 pair to beat me right now, why would he bet into me with those hands? So I asked him how much he had left, he counted out $140, so I thought a bit more and announced, "$180," to the dealer. SB quickly folds and Right calls and asks me if I can beat a set. My heart sinks and I say, "No, but I hope you don't have one." Turn 3, River J. I wait for him to reveal his set and to my dismay it is a set of 3s. So basically I was ahead, an 88% favorite when we put all the money in, and he never had a set. I was incredibly tilted by this and immediately got up from the table for a while, leaving my 80 or so chips at my seat.

I talked to Amit and Aakash who were side by side 2 tables away about my bad beat and eventually sat back down 5 min later. I immediately pick up Ks under the gun and limp for $3. 4-5 people call and BB raises to 15 which warms my heart. BB = Right in this case. I instantly pop it up to 60 and everyone else folds. "I Guess I should give you some of your money back," and he calls me. We go to a 4 6 7 flop w/2 clubs. He checks very oddly although I don't notice it until now. I had slipped 2 $100 bills on the table behind my 80 and put one of them in the pot announcing "$90". He beats me into the pot w/a raise to 250 effectively putting me all in and I beat that raise into the pot with a call.

To my dismay his cards beat me into the pot as he flips 35 for a straight that destroys my ks overpair. I brick out and flip my hand over when I catch a set on the river that doesn't matter. I leave and offer, "Did I get a boat?" I was really upset with the events of the day so far and that was $500 that I lost in about a 10 minute span. That's how it goes sometimes though. I realize in retrospect I can definintely fold to that raise, it was very confident and the only hands i beat are 8s-qs, a8 or a stone cold bluff. I do however realize maybe he could do that with a pocket pair lower than a 7, but not really w/a check raise to put me all in. He may be a calling station, but not many people raise w/terrible hands.

This entry will be all about gambling, so I'll skip what happened in between that session and the 4AM session below.

That night after the club (hint, this will be in my next post) I made about a buck 50 playing pretty tight and aggressive which worked. I did have one hand where I limped from UTG w/kjo and reraised big after a person on the button raised. Unfortuantely both him and the SB called, but I bet huge on the flop w/top pair and they both folded. There were 2 dudes that sat down and looked real trashed up later in the night and something interesting came up. Well first they seemed like terrible players, but after a while I could tell from the way they were speaking that they knew what they were doing. They did some raising and talking. I think the point where I found out was when the tall blonde dude was involved with this dude and called 2 barrels, and was thinking about an all in on the river. He asked if he could show his hand and he flipped over a pair of 3s and was thinking about the pot odds to call. Everyone at the table laughed and he finally folded. The guy flipped over a high and was def relieved he wasn't called.

Later they both were in a hand and pre-flop the guy said "I'm gonna raise you on the flop." So on the flop his buddy bet and he mucked. The dealer got pissed for some reason and called for the floor. They discussed and it was ruled the guy cannot muck his hand and he must raise because he said it before in the hand. The rule was at any time if you say something it's a bonding statement, so since he said he'd raise, it was a raise. It was kind of ridiculous, but funny to see these two arrogant dudes be forced to do something they didn't want. One of them ended up winning the hand, and immediately after went up to the floor man to discuss how unhappy he was with the rule. I decided to leave because I was freaking tired and I was a bit intimidated playing against those two that played in the WSOP as they said.

No comments: