6.22.2009

First Travel Since Asia

Monday morning wasn't bad since I went to bed a bit earlier than usual Sunday night to prepare to get a lot of work done in the first week I've been back in an actual office since my trip to Asia. It was nice seeing all the people @ corporate; I haven't seen them all in a year or so. The last time I was in CT possibly was for one of my projects in August, and that wasn't even a New Britain thing, that was in Farmington. I caught up with people throughout the 5 days I was in CT, but the most important thing to do was finish my project. I think I did a pretty good job with that (although I'm wrapping up stuff tomorrow).

The nights after work didn't prove to be very exciting; I started to swim after one of my friends told me he swims. I purchased those goggles last week and really enjoyed swimming, albeit in an extremely smaller version of an "olympic sized pool" that I'm used to swim in... or I should say I WAS used to swimming in. When I was young I swam at De'Nunzio Pool at Princeton University. I practiced for at least 2 years and I think that kept me in decent shape (thanks mom). I only swam in one meet and my specialty was the freestyle (crab). I also did backstroke, but never could physically understand the kick in the breast stroke. I never progressed enough to get to butterfly (it is freaking tough!!!).

Anyway, the work outs were very good; I swam for about a half hour every other night (total of 2 nights) and did a whopping 20 pushups on the other nights hahaha. The sad thing is, I think I saw a little definition in my chest (believable?).

While I wasn't swimming, I was eating. I hit up Ginza on Monday and got their Tuna Amazing roll which consists of White tuna, Spicy tuna and avocado on the inside with pepper encrusted tuna and caviar on the outside covered w/BBQ sauce and a spicy mayo... wow is all I can say. I also Shou Mai appetizer because I was so hungry and needed something quick. Their yaki soba with cooked smoked salmon finished off my meal well and I even saved some for breakfast.

Tuesday I ate at the hotel; wasabi sea bass, delicious. Grist Mill on Wed/Thurs. The softshell crab francese was not great, the crab just wasn't very tender, but still was decent; just not the all around meal I was looking for. From now on I may ONLY get the Lobster/Shrimp L'American (got it on Thurs) there because the sauce is amazing (reminds me of the sauce at Scarlatto in Manhattan.

The only other items to discuss were the ladies; there was one young young cute cute girl sitting in my seat when I arrived on Monday; people steal Internal Audit's cubes all the time, so I was happy to see a cutie in my seat. Unfortunately, she didn't make much small talk and her guy boss kinda did all the talking saying sorry we sat in your seat (sorry I don't want to talk to a dude). She was a bit quiet and I would usually pass her new cube and she'd look up. There was one time when I came out of the doors of the other side of the buildings to the common area on the 2nd floor while she was leaving to go home; I didn't say anything because we looked at each other through the glass; I am pissed at myself I didn't say anything as she left. I tried to time my departure the next day when she left, but she left in a hurry; I tried to catch up, then found out I left my keys upstairs!!!! Idiot!!!

There was a very cute girl that just started working at the hotel I stayed at. I went down to get food and say hi to the veterans at the front desk when I saw her; she looked like Lichelle Marie; I will not go farther than that. She had long blonde hair, a really sexy face and a really really nice body from what I could see from in front of the desk. I did my bit to ignore her at first and chat w/the other ladies; we caught up, then as the convo kept going she kept learning new things; I like cookies, I have a strong relationship with the front desk, I haven't been there in a year, things like that. The next day I went down w/the soul purpose of talking to her (and to get some more shampoo). "I need something" She replied, "let me guess, cookies???" And we both laughed. I think this is a decent sign, but yeah as all of you will say, she DOES work there, it IS her job to make me feel good. WHATEVER!!!

That's about it; Friday i left the office in the afternoon and made it back in about 3 hours. It was a long long drive, but not too painful as I missed rush hour by a bit.

No comments: