6.16.2009

Rajul's Charity Bartending Event!!

So Thursday night I went to bed thinking I'd have a lesson Friday morning. Unfortunately, there was gloomy weather forecasted, so it was in limbo. Fortunately if there was rain, I had a plan to actually make it to Rajul's charity bartending event!!

At around 4PM, my customer's moms notified me that B came home feeling under the weather, so we'd have to cancel the lesson and wait til July when they get back from Taiwan to continue. At the same time, I'm setting up my next lessons with my 2nd customer which is huge! I get more from my 2nd lesson, so I'm very pleased with the development. I'm hoping I can get some lessons during the week while I'm home to make max money.

So around 6:30, I drove over to the Patel Bros' and via PATH made it into the city to Rajul's bartending event. As I got out of the cab, and held the door open for Rishi, I made eye contact with this semi cute chick in the doorway of Banana Leaf. I gave her a smile, and she smiled sheepishly about it. We kept staring back and forth until I just kept walking and explained to Rishi why I didn't get her number. Wait, I don't have a reason aside from the fact that I don't know, maybe fear of a 100% non-rejection!??!?!?! WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!

We got to Stone Creek and immediately ordered drinks with Rat who was already there. We hung w/him and Priya and I found a Rap City (or something close to that) magazine that Rajul was the featured writer in with an interview of TI!!!!!!!! I also was able to holler at Danielle and meet her bf. We spoke about tennis lessons, but I'm not sure how it's gonna work. Going into NYC w/all my tennis stuff is too much work/money and probably wouldn't be worth it, but later I found out her friend Dana would be interested in lessons as well, so maybe it would work!? I think basically if I'm going into the city anyway and it's a nice day, I'll call them and see if they have interest; that way I woudln't be making a trip for no reason.

Victoria, the bartender, then asked me if I wanted anything and I respectfully declined because I wanted to tip Rajul. Later she walked over to where we were sitting and I apologized for rejecting her; I thought she was feelin me, so I flirted back hard. Me and her went back and forth during the night and in the meantime Daigo made it as well as Mit, Anand/Nam, Aakash, Ak, and others I may have forgotten.

Eventually we left and went to the east village; unfortuantely I was wearing shorts so I couldn't get in ANYWHERE. In my defense, I thought I'd be goin back to NJ after the event to either chill and get sleep or hang w/the teacher in New Brunswick. Unfortunately while I was in JC, she called me and told me she was gonna be at the shore all weekend. We showed up at Fat Baby and I asked the bouncer if there was a chance he'd let me in w/shorts. "OH HELLLLLLL NO, I WOULDN'T EVEN LET YOU IN WITH THAT SHIRT!" Daaaaamn, I got got.

So we just moseyed around lower east side, got shut out from La Caverna (which I found out was where Sonia was at). We went to some place to chill for a while at a big table, then to a smaller club for $5 that had ok music, but wasn't great (hot as hell). We ended up going back to the Patel Bros' place at around 3AM and I got back to my place at 4AM. My freaking lesson was supposed to be 10AM the next day, so I set my alarm for 9:15 and went to bed around 4:30 which was TERRIBLE.

No comments: