6.08.2009

Flight back

So Sunday morning we awoke after 2 hours of hearty sleep. I was, needless to say, dying. I noticed Rishi had not come back upstairs yet to pack and we needed to leave at 10:30 latest to catch our 1:10 flight from McCarran, so I called him w/no response, went back to sleep for 10 min, woke up and texted him, "I think you should probably pack". I finished getting my stuff together and went to chat with Aakash in his room. Eventually Rishi came up and finished packing within minutes. We gave everyone his farewell dap (Coco and Rat already left earlier) and departed. We went down to the cab line with not much time to get to the airport to be dismayed at the length of the line. One guy by himself approached us and asked to split a cab which we agreed to. The cab was going to be maybe 25 total, so we'd have about $9 each. After 5 min, I was getting frustrated as Rishi kept telling me how drunk he was, how it was bad that he got no sleep and how tired he was... oh and how much he won that night, but what really frustrated me was thinking about missing this flight. I saw a black car pull up and immediately ran over to see if there were more. The guy said yes and it'd be $42 to the airport; the extra 17 is definitely worth the non-wait in the taxi line, so we got in and sped off. Maybe 20 min later we arrived, figured out expenses w/our 3rd wheel and actually got through security extremely quickly. We got some food at BK and sat headed towards our gate.

I spotted a head of nice hair and an open seat next to her, so I sat down and started eating. I noticed it was a fairly older woman maybe mid 30s and aimed to strike up conversation. Unfortuantely Rishi was still awake telling me how tired he was, how drunk he was and how he didn't sleep last night. This time though he started telling me how depressed I must be about losing and botching the chick at the pool on Saturday. I got a bit unhappy about this and told him to quiet down about it as obviously, it would be ruining my game w/the chick to my left if she heard it. He decided to continue talking to him and I basically yelled in a low tone to him to shut the fuck up cuz it would in fact ruin my game I was about to spit. He quickly quieted down and I opened with a "where are you heading today?" "Oh, Fort Worth, where I live." She didn't look like the type of person who wanted to chat before I started, but she gave me the comforting smile of the "I love talking to other people." variety. We chatted for a while about where we were from, what we do (physical therapy) and what we did in vegas (she did no gambling). I corraled the email and we got on the plane.

Unfortunately I sat next to a Thai couple, and to my left one row back there was 1 cute cute girl sitting in the middle seat. A guy lucked out, sat next to her, and one hour into the flight they were cuddling. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! (I'm not hatin, I'm just unhappy w/my luck).

We landed in DFW and had about 30 min til our next flight. We bought some snacks and got on the flight which arrived in EWR EARLY which is probably the 1st time in that airport's history. We drove back to Rishi's after he left forgot where he put his parking pass and we had an extra 5 min debacle before getting out of the lot. I quickly sped home and went to bed after an exhausting 13-15 hours of travel with no sleep.

No comments: