6.03.2009

Friday Night Lights

Friday we woke up pretty early around 11 having slept at around 6? Terrible sleep start to the weekend. We planned to go to the pool, so we went downstairs, grabbed a bite at the deli in the sportsbook, and headed outside after applying plenty of suntan lotion to my very sensitive skin (and face).

Rishi, Mit and I went outside to look for the others and really just couldn't find them. We walked all over; by the lazy river, by the large wave pool ocean simulator and by the 2 smaller actual pools. No where to be found. We eventually just walked back since there were no seats either. On the way out a guard said usually you ahve to get there real early or after 3. We noted that, thanked him and went on our way.

I believe we went back to the room to chill for a bit and then when everyone got back, we went to the Rio to check out the WSOP. We made the slow walk all the way back to the convention center, and literally right when we set foot into the main room, the announcer said, "Will all observers please leave the room." THey were going on lunch break hahaha. We eventually just looked aroudn and saw Daniel Negreaneau, Brandon Cantu (absurdly tall compared to what he looks like on TV), Ivan Demidov (#2 in the WSOP last year), Demidov's gf, Demidov's gut, David Williams, and I saw one player whose blog I follow, Shannon Shorr.

We decided to walk around the Rio pool for a bit as who wants to watch poker players walk around and chit chat. We left soon after to hit up the bellagio. Me and Adam walked around to find some clubs we'd hit up the following night since we had bottle reservations at Tryst for tonight. We walked to Pure to check it out and the dude in the front gave us a really good deal for bottles for 10 dudes. We were very interested and it would end up being like 2/3 the price of tryst.

We also walked to Planet Hollywood and checked out Prive' which actually we got a tour of from one of the promoters. It was freaking pretty nasty; he talked it up real well saying that Tryst is more of the gold digger crowd where Prive is more of the chicks love dudes crowd. Since me and Adam both love those kind of chicks, we decided we may HAVE to go to Prive'. We left happy men.

Later we walked back to the Bellagio and met up with the others who were still gambling. We decided to bounce and headed back to see what was up at the MB pool. Unfortunately it was about to rain, so we stayed in to watch the basketball game (whichever one was on).

Soon after, we discussed and changed our reserves from Tryst to Pure as Pure is my favorite club in the world. We showed up around 10:15 (fairly early, but necessary) and waited in a glob line where it seemed random people were standing but apparently people with bottle service were suppsoed to stand there. After noticing the Pussycat Dolls display (meaning there were 2 belly dancers in the middle of 10 blackjack tables with unbelievably good looking women dealing in scantily clad patent leather outfits we started chatting up older ladies near us as there were no other timid little animals.

At around 10:30 we squeezed through the front and were walked to the elevator. We rode to the 2nd floor outdoor rooftop patio and were seated to the immediate left of the DJ if you were looking at him. The night started off a bit slow as we waited for drinks, but we just noticed the overwhelming beauty of that spot; we had a uninhibited view of the strip and were right on top of the street. We could see people walking around. It was really a site to behold.

Once the drinks came, Rishi poured me a vodka sprite and me and Nitin went down to the 1st floor to prey. We set up shop in the far side of the dance floor where there were some ladies, but again I did not make moves, just looked over at people and wondered if they were interseted (EVEN IN VEGAS I DO THIS). So we are just dancing, eventually he finds a couple girls to holler at, and I notice a girl on my right is likin my moves and pointing so I start playing to her happiness. I learn she is from Omaha w/a bachelorette party and several of the women find my dancing to be attractive. I dance w/2 of them w/o much contact and just kind of hover around doin my thang. Eventually they leave after 20 min and I ask the brunette where they're sitting, she replies "Bally's", I said I'm upstairs as I knew she misinterpreted what I said to, "where are you staying". Hook up #1 blown. We went back upstairs and grabbed another (this time harder) drink. Amit had an argument with Rishi about how hard my earlier drink was and Rishi ended up being right that there was not much liquor at all even though he filled it to 1/2 the glass on the rocks.

Later we went back down, didn't have much success, just dancing to the sick mixes the DJ was cutting up. Eventually some other girls were around and we brought em back to the table where I spent a majority of the remaining time at the club. I decided to mkae a big mistake and do a shot and a half of belvie FROM the bottle. I was DONE after that and felt like passing out (I think there's proof I did). We were just chillin and I spoke to maybe 2 sets of ladies after that with no luck. It was pretty much a wrap. I did wake up a bit and do some crip walking; danced w/a large blonde for a while which was fun.

We eventually just went home around 3; anand and I were too F'd up and unfortunately Fat Burger just had too many patrons, so we just went back and slept.

Sorry Niv, I don't think I gambled on Friday. More gambling tomorrow.

No comments: