6.23.2009

Happy Bday Katie!

Friday Night after I got home from CT I just relaxed and unwound after a long week of work. During the week my former college tennis teammate Katie sent an email out to friends to get a birthday celebration goin on on Friday. The venue was set in Morristown; we would start at the Famished Frog. As time lead up to when I was supposed to leave I found myself feeling nervous; I don't know what it was, didn't know why, for what reason. I was trying to call everyone i knew to come with me, but everyone had work on Saturday or just were not in town. I just decided to head out to make the 40 min drive.

I got parking right in front of Grasshopper; it continues to amaze me how that happens; where else can you get parking right in front of a main bar?!?!?! I walked across the Green to the Frog and did a lap and for I believe the first time in my life for whatever reason, I ordered my own drink, by myself. It was a cranberry vodka that cost $4 and I added the $1 tip.

I layed back watching baseball on TV when I saw Caroline and Katie come through and it was officially a party. I caught up w/Caroline for a while and learned she's actually brazilian!!! Imagine that. I haven't talked to her in a long long time.

I met a couple of Katie's other friends; her sister was around and met some of her friends as well. We chilled at the Frog for a bit, then walked over to the Grasshopper. We enjoyed the music there and the place is cool because they have the music videos that come up on tv screens as the songs change. I finally learned who lady gaga is. After a while, I was dancing around Caroline and Katie and this small blonde gave me that look all guys know about. I motioned w/my fingers for her to come over and she did an embarrassed drunk as hell head shake no. I gently grabbed her hand and led her bootie over to me. We grinded (ground?) for a song and I learned she was from Louisiana. Unfortunately her friends led her away; I got her number as she went away and didn't really plan on doing anything with it.

We eventually left and went over to get some empanadas. On the way over I sent that chick a text. We went in and for the next 20 min we are waiting in line to order; I find out at the front of the line when the guy asks me what I want, that I can only order on a small menu that is not on the walls. I scramble and order a spinach/cheese and a buffalo wing while Caroline gets 2 beefs. Buffalo wing was AMAZING!!!!! These empanadas may have cost around 3.50 to 4 so not very cheap, but i guess cheaper than kati roll, but not as goooooood.

So eventually I drove the ladies home; I decided against staying at their place since I just wanted to be home in my bed (albeit the twin). I gave the three ladies a hug each; then hit the road. Unfortunately I looked at my gas meter and the amber E dot was on. I also didn't know where I was, but fortunately my GPS was with me so it told me I had about an hour to get home. I made it in 50!!

Unfortuitousness number 2: I had a tennis lesson at 10:30AM the next morning and the clock read 4:00AM.

For some reason I had left my computer on, and I decided to check my email. I got an email from Air China, not the airline but the girl. She just told me she was in NYC and the hotel # she was at and the extension. I called one time, no one picked up and it had the on the other line beep on all 15 rings. I hung up, searched the Ramada online near JFK and found it. It was the same number. I called back and got an operator who forwarded me to AC's room. We spoke for a while and agreed on a meeting Saturday afternoon sometime after my tennis lesson. How exciting!!

No comments: