6.02.2009

Lets Get It

I woke up Thursday around 830AM to drive over to the Patels' place in JC. It was a smooth drive from 9:00 to about 9:45 hitting a bit of traffic on the Pulaski Skyway, but not much else. I slid my car into their garage and we waited until around 10:15 to leave for the airport.

We arrived at Newark and didn't have much trouble getting through security before arriving at the gate. The anticipation of Vegas began to set in and we emabarked on the 4hr first leg of our journey to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport (DFW).

We arrived at DFW well before our flight at 410 CT; when we got out of the gate I realized we had a chance to make it on the earlier flight to Vegas, and had about 20 min before takeoff. We hurried over to gate A and unfortunately from the Air tran, we went to the right instead of left (Thanks for the sign that wasn't there telling us which side were which numbered gates). We got to the gate just before the flight took off but were made aware that the plane was sold out (so the right turn didn't screw us after all).

We then walked slowly toward the gate of our actual flight and made a left into the Dallas Cowboy Store. Rishi picked up a nice white Cowboys hat with x's and o's all over it. I chatted up the cashier, a 5.5 brunette in a Witten jersey. I asked her if it was ok for me to be in the store since I'm a Giants fan. "Oh of course, I'm a Bears fan." After the obvious question of "How could you work in this store if you're a bears fan?" We were basically off on our way to find food and the gate.

We arrived at a bar directly looking into our gate which was convenient. The thin 6.5 red head with a tight body walked by us, strapped on (not that) an apron, and asked us what we wanted. She showed little interest or excitement right off the bat, so this would seem to be a challenge. I already knew that since she lives in Dallas that it would basically be a practice run. Everytime she came over I found something to quip or ask and slowly but surely, her stone cold disinterested face changed into a bright chipper face. Eventually she even came over just to ask us what was up and why we were at the airport. We had her at our table for a good 5 minutes when we heard, "Sarah, stop talking to those boys and do some work," an obvious cock block attempt from some older male customers. She actually paid them no mind and kept her flirt on. We finally learned of a BF about another 2 min later and were very disappointed. Even still, I secured the email (as phone really won't do when you live an undriveable distance I think).

We boarded the flight and chatted up an older lady in her 40s for a bit while I noticed the small blonde in front of her turned and smiled/laughed at our conversation about how the lady shouldn't worry about where her friend was, the friend should worry she isn't going to Vegas. As we filed into the plane, I noticed she sat a row in front of Rishi out of talking range unfortunately. By the time we got off the plane she asked earnestly if I could get her bag for her and noted it was really heavy cuz of all the shoes in there. I walked out first, so Rishi started spitting, but he didn't really do much, and she was gone before we could really set everything up. We actually ran into her again and tried to spit a little. We found out she was meeting her parents in Vegas and staying at a Marriott somewhere off the strip. What I should've done was get her # to hang, but instead I decided to not get it for some odd reason unbeknownst to me.

We met up with Mit who came from SD where he now currently resides and hopped on the $8.50 shuttle that got us to Mandalay in 35 min. We met up w/Coco and set out for some gambling. Immediately lost $120 in the first 30 min. The only reason we stopped was cuz the A squad arrived (Amit, Anand, Aakash and Alex). We got our luggage from the concierge and shoveled it all into the rooms.

More to come...

No comments: