I called up Daigo to get him to come over to JC to play ball, poker and watch game 2. After thoroughly dominating Anand in heads up poker, we picked up Daigo and continued while he played some MLB the Show. Later we started up poker as Rishi's friend Kanal came over. I got f'd up. Basically Anand got 3 streets of value on me when I raised w/aq, he limp called w/ak and bet into me on all 3 streets hitting the k on the turn. Good play by him. Then I limped w/j9 in the SB on another hand, flop comes out j high, I bet, Kanal raises all in, Rishi calls to my right and I have a decision to make. I am not worried about rishi at all, I feel like he has a flush draw. Kanal had earlier pushed all in w/7s top pair w/a 5 kicker, so i figured I could have him outkicked w/the 9. I made the call after a couple minutes and he turned over aj which was terrible news; rishi turned over j6. Neither of us sucked out and Kanal picked up a nice pot.
Another hand of significance came when I reraised Daigo w/qs, he 4 bet and i went all in and we chopped up qs. Later near teh end of the night, I had raised preflop with 67s picked up an outside straight draw, and flush draw on the flop, kept betting, got raised by kanal on the turn (2 aces were out) and went all in. He eventually called w/a better flush draw, and I coudln't suck out on his 9 high. HORRBILE.
I basically lost around $45. We also saw the end of the game and Courtney Lee being a pro baller MUST MAKE THAT LAYUP. I feel like if you practice every day for your life, you should be making that layup 7/10 times at least. If i practiced it 10 times in a row i'd make prob like 5 out of ten cuz i'd just know from muscle memory how it works!!!!
Anyway, I dropped off Daigo at the JC PATH station, then Kanal, who lives real close to the Prudential Center, and finally got home around 12:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment