7.07.2009

Public Enemies

We woke up around 10 and watched the middle portions of the Roddick/Federer Instant Classic on NBC's Breakfast at Wimbledon. It was a sick sick match. Too bad Roddick boned the 2nd set wasting 4 set points and losing the tie break. He didn't get broken except for the last game of the entire match. It really was a great effort from Andy (we gotta get you some poonanny!!!!!); he has really shown some maturity. It's almost like Agassi rebuilding himself where Roddick has dedicated himself to fitness and it really shines through when he plays now that he is never tired and is in a match all the time w/that big serve and improved mobility/stamina.

We were in the bridal suite of Amit and Nisha to just all relax and mingle w/each other (we hadn't seen a lot of people for a while). We had bagels, coffee, fruit. Eventually people filed out, and we drove back to the Westmount CC; I picked up my minivan and drove home.

I had the entire day in front of me, but elected to relax and veg. I eventually went w/my sister to watch Public Enemies w/Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. THe object of Johnny's affection was a beautiful brunette with gorgeous eyes. He was super pimp in the movie and was able to go up to her the first time he saw her and use the line, "I don't know why you brushed off the other guy who stepped up... but I'm glad you did." He then later went up to her at work and told her where he was born, that he likes fruit and movies and her, and that's all she really needed to know.

I really enjoyed how loyal he was to this girl because I feel that's how I am. I remember in the beginning of the movie he is holding on to a guy who got shot in the prison break and held on until the guy died and his grasp failed; he is this big shot crook and is willing to save some random dude. So the entire movie he was just looking to rob banks and see his girl. It was really nice... I really really cannot say enough how much I enjoyed this part of the movie now that I think of it. It was like a demonstration that true love can possibly happen at first sight, although I don't believe this. I feel like you can look at plenty of other girls and feel the same way. I don't know though!! It really was a warm feeling when they finally met up after he had escaped from jail.

No comments: