7.14.2009

Leisurly stroll

So I woke up saturday morning after a couple huge glasses of water at night because of my parched throat due to getting all f'd up. I was supposed to meet my mom's friend's daughter for lunch, so I called her up and it would take her about 1 hr to get to the city. We settled on a 1:30 meet up time. I was extremely hungry already, so i heated up some of the pretzals (bangin!!!) from Sam's bday party and ate a banana Nancy offered me. About 1 hr later I started getting acid reflux and my chest felt really really unhappy. Unfortunately I had so much carbonation in my chest taht I had to get into the bathroom for like 30 min trying to purge it, but nothing came out!!!

In the middle of all that agony, I decided to call sylvana and tell her that i had to cancel cuz i could barely breathe w/comfort let alone eat a meal. I felt TERRIBLE for cancelling cuz like i said, it took her about an hour to get into manhattan. She asked if she could come over to help me and i said not necessary, cuz i am not even leaving the bathroom.

After one pepcid AC (or something close), water that felt like it would make my chest explode on its way back up, diet coke that felt the same way and 45 minutes, I could comfortably LIVE again and I called Sylvana to tell her to come over and try gav's mom's food.

When i went downstairs to meet up with her after her first cab ride outside of Taiwan, i found an attractive girl w/a nice body and big sunglasses walking around like she owned the place. We exchanged pleasantries and went up to Gav's apt. We bs'ed for a while; nancy, gav and sameer as well as gav's parents joined in the bsing. I was planning to play ball that day, but had to cancel because of chest problems, so I told Daigo and Anand I'd go watch them play for a bit and say hi.

We walked over to Stuy town and watched for a bit; I was surprised she was down to watch more than 5 min and she told me she loved watching SBL (Taiwan's bball league, it's terrible), so it was fun to watch. I felt a nice vibe and had my arm around her (not touching fully though, just resting on teh bench).

Later we just walked and I grabbed a bagel sandwich to eat for late lunch. After we were done I communicated w/ivan and picked him and Paula (his fiancee) up from the 59th st. marriott. This was the first time I met paula, a frenchie who didn't speak much english. I loved the accent though!

We drove to around JFK to drop off my friend and then were stuck in traffic goin up that bridge out of queens (forget what it's called). The rest of the drive wasn't bad and we stopped at Mickey D's for a late dinner to Paula's delight. The guy at the counter actually was born in germany and was pumped he was serving 2 europeans haha.

No comments: