Friday was rough as a lot of stuff was happening at work. I even had to dine solo as my other coworkers travelled. I Decided to stay in Farmington to save on the driving time and relax. Luckily a friend decided to come up and visit.We enjoyed some thai on friday. We ate at brio on sat for lunch; this place was really really good. We had crepes and a really delicious chicken pasta dish. We walked around West Farms Mall and then went to Mohegan.
We did our rounds of the casino and played some electronic hoops. I was challenged and thought nothing of it. I was draining 3s in the first game and only won by a couple points. The 2nd game I actually LOST?!?!?!?! Then the third game we tied and I won the last 2. Pretty ridiculous; both of our arms were extremely extremely sore post bball.
I finally decided to sit down at a BJ table for $10 hands. I lost $50 in no time; luckily there was some action brewing at a nearby roulette table; crowd was 5 deep and a guy had just yelled out big time. We noticed a HUGE stack of reds on a number w/that clear marker on top of it noting a win! It was at least $400. Dude ended up hitting 00 for a ~6k win!!! I got a pic of the spinning roulette wheel w/the chip stack.
We continued to walk around and noticed a deserted area w/a tall blonde dealer (dude). We sat down and i started to chat w/him as he shuffled up. My friend cut the deck and we were off. I wn a couple hands and started putting some bigger money ($25) on some bets and kept winning. I hadn't lost the last 6-8 hands when the following hand came up: I had just won $40 and went bonkers. I wanted to put all $80 on the table on the next hand, but my friend, the dealer AND the pit boss talked me out of it. I only put $40 back up there and was dealt 8/3 and the dealer showed a 4. WOW HOW PISSED WAS I???? I slid another $40 into the circle and got my card... of course an Ace. Now I was more relieved I didn't put $80 initially to lose $160, and was now worried i'd lose $40. Who wins 9 hands in a row anyway right???
Dealer flips his card and shows 10 :( like slow motion he pulls a 3 from the deck and now i'm unbelievably nervous... the next card he pulls is slooooooowly turned over to reveal PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG WIN!!!!
Now when I play in the casino aside from poker I make MADD noise especially w/my friends around; that day was no different. A guy was watching me from afar and came over to sit at the table. The dealer told him he would appreciate it, "if you wait until the gentleman loses a hand." How bad ass is that; the dealer protecting me from someone else cooling me down. I may have one 2-3 more hands after that and eventually just really cooled off. The most I was up for the entire day was around $250, I went back down to around $175 and left the table after it got very very cold.
When we returned to Farmington we ate at Grist mill, one of my favorites when I'm working at corporate. Unfortunately during dinner was when trouble started brewing between us and we started discussing potential problems. We can expand on this later.
We hammered the problems out and chilled all day Sunday. We walked around the outsides of the hotel around the corporate complexes and spied a Maserati behind one of the UTC buildings parked near a vacant helipad. I also started playing my friend's nintendo DS and have been hooked on Mario Kart ever since. Eventually she left; I relaxed more and did some work. I did some fantasy research in preparation for next week's draft!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment