7.11.2009

Cajones

That weekend of the 10th I completed some work, got wendy's and felt nauseous. Manny came by and we chilled/he pregamed before we went out. He talked me into goin to Morristown even though for some reason I was feeling New Brunswick. Fortunately, Morristown is basically good everytime I go, so that's why we decided on it. Before we left, I got a call from Taiweezy and we spoke for a couple minutes. I invited her to my friend's sister's HS grad party the next day if she wasn't up to anything and she said she'd consider it. I really felt like she was trying to holler at me from the vibe we were getting (I Know I know, it was over the phone, but trust me!!!)

Next thing I know we are driving up to M town and we hit up George and Martha's first (I went w/another friend earlier this blog and it's a good pre game spot). We rolled in, I purchased a cran vodka and a (I believe Vodka red bull) for Manny and we chilled, watched some baseball and surveyed the field. He compelled me to chat up a group of 3 cows and a cute asian. After much prodding, i just told him I wanted to wait til they stopped talking and approach. He thought I woudln't do it as time went by, but I stepped up and said my line, "Hi I'm Ken, how are you?" And I was in.

I waded around for a while, I didn't know what else to say and the girls were not very interested, so I used "where are you from?" It opens up the lines a little more; I then asked what they do and the asian said Providence for College to which I could say, "I was just there!" The asian perked up a bit and we spoke for 10 seconds about RI, but a guy came and she instantly went into Derek Bell Operation Shutdown mode. The other girls were not interested either (we were out of their league), so I politely said we're gonna bounce and left.

Manolo was pumped I stepped up and I was pleased myself although it was an ugly set. We walked to the far inside of the bar and posted up. Some beer girls gave us posters as they walked by and we continued to monitor the baseball on TV situation.

All of a sudden manny tells me that there are 2 slammin chicks at the bar w/NO ONE talking to them. Of course I've already noticed but the thought never entered my mind to holler. I think this is one of the reasons why ou need to go out w/other dudes so you can point obvious things out to each other. He started pressuring me to holler and tellin me every dude would bow down if I did. I was on a roll already and was feelin nice from my quarter of a drink, so I promised I would when the time was right. I began to find reasons to step up and told myself and him that I'd step up once we made some decent eye contact.

That moment came maybe 5 minutes later after I had been doin some mock dancing and they had been lookin over. We postured at the tv a little more and then I looked at her while she looked at me. I smiled and immediately headed over. She didn't expect it and I just opened, "Hi I"m Ken, how are you?" We started off similarly to the last set and while I opened her up, Manny tried to open up her very thin blonde friend. My girl, Bethany, was very very attractive, a bit short and blonde w/very good features, a cute face and just very very beautiful. I was attacking well, I got it to the point where I responded to her when she said she worked in insurance with, "Is it as boring as it sounds?" She laughed and said, "No! I actually like it!" I asked her if she was approving/rejecting people; she responded, "Well I wasn't planning to get into it in detail but..." and she started explaining. We were doing very well, but I noticed Manny couldn't hold the other chick. Once Bethany stopped I asked her friend what she did to which she just responded, "TA" So I tried to open her up, but she just coudln't... one word answers (terrible). I realized she wasn't a bitch, I felt like she wanted to open up, but she just wasn't articulate.

Unfortunately I had been feeling great vibe from Bethany; why unfortunately you ask? Because after OWA (One word answer) finished, I panicked because I had nothing to say and politely excused myself and manny. If manny had been able to engage her (not one could've) I coudl've focused on bethany and probably gotten a date it was going so well. Nonetheless we were really pumped we stepped up and he told me she def sweated me. He told me taht I am nasty at opening because it seems like I'm not interested, which is confusing because isn't it automatically obvious you ARE intersted when you open????

I'll take it though. On the way out, we finished drinks and noticed two solid chicks dancing. This time Manny opened it up and I was doing ok not great w/my chick. We kept talking for a bit and he kept asking me for some reason if I wanted to go. The other girl he talked to said, "well grasshopper isn't htat good." which I don't know if i picked up on that she wanted us to stay... I was confused because she was shooting my attempts down but realized later that she just wanted him. I can't believe I let him say we were gonna get out of there. We eventually left and he was upset w/himself he let himself leave w/o a number. We both were unhappy about that, but it was definitely great progress.

We hit up hopper and danced for a bit before walking out. Some girl I noticed was lookin at me, so I approached and got shot down. We left and went over to Famished Frog, just so he could piss. We left since there was NO ONE THERE. We headed to Sona13 and tried to kick it, but no one really was around to kick to that wasn't taken. I do remember some girl stopped talking while we walked by and tried to hide kind of; i should've opened her. Next time I need to realize this and open it up!!!!

We decided to leave and I was real trashed so he had to drive. We tried to get to RAMZ, but after a quick chek run and a dearth of incorrect directions, we made it; it closed around 2 (F U ANNIE, it closes at 2 not 4 dick!!!!). On the way Manny got pissed at me for falling asleep (I freaking passed out from one drink ok?). He didn't trust me on directions and kept asking me are you sure are you sure, so i went into derek bell shutdown mode and just refused to give him directs cuz he kept questioning them. THat shit is MADD ANNOYING. If you keep quesitoning me, why should I offer my advice if you're just not gonna listen; what's the point of asking?

We eventually scrambled and found Club XXXV and checked it out. It was a decent time w/not great chicks. I immediately asked for a really cute waitress's number and got shot down. Some black chick I thought looked good, but manny disagreed WHOLEHEARTEDLY WITH sat on my lap for no tip for maybe 30 min and we chatted. When she finally realized I was not real business, she left and some chick I gave money to for a dance came up to me and was BEGGING me to let her give me a dance for $20. Like she spent 20 min asking me to get a dance and fucking manny prodded her. After much much dissuasion, I got her to leave me alone. We eventually got tired and went home at closing. It was a good night taht we capped off w/Forgetting Sarah Marshall; we freaking went to bed at like 5AM!!!!

No comments: