7.10.2009

Deep thoughts and Golf

I'm writing this exactly 2 weeks after it happened. I had been feeling a little scared and paranoid about the future. I spoke to my friend and really questioned what the future will bring, and if I should think about it. He tells me to NOT think about it, and let it come because nothing is certain; even if you plan for the future, it may not shake out. It's tough to decide if this is actually a good way to think; on one hand I believe he is my one friend who is the most objective w/every decision. He said he'd be ok w/being homeless, because he would still know how to be happy; which makes sense in the long run. If you are unhappy w/money, is that really better than being happy w/no money and no home? I'm also not sure though because if you're homeless, you risk being cold/no food/dying easier than you would w/warmth/food/shelter. I think I felt a bit better talking with him about it, just because there are 2 different schools of thought I can try.

My other friend told me I need to set some new goals. I feel like I"ve achieved most of my large goals, and just really need to think of new ones. I think I agree more with this approach. I really want to strive towards something, and I know myself that goals give you a direction in life.

I think that same day I went to play golf w/Martin who now is BIG BIG into golf. We just went to the driving range and swung. After the last time we hit, I texted several people my golf swing and my other friend Pat who is really good apparently corrected it; he told me to keep my back elbow in my body and shorten the swing. It really freaking worked. I also practiced chipping which is the worst part of my game. THis actually makes sense because it involves the most feel. Putting I feel is easier because you ahve a flat edge you hit; you must scoop the ball when you chip and use a lot of feel.

No comments: