Woke up around 11 to sunshine and a nice day ahead of me with no plans. I did some work the night before so I was feeling accomplished and set to bake some salmon w/stuffing for my sister and I (just got it from CostCo). It tasted decent, but I have no rice or anything for that matter at my house, so it is a bit strong. My sis didn't even finish and by the time I had finished I was feeling woozy cuz it's a bit oily. It actually gave me a pretty bad case of the runs, but I was fine.
After discussing with Gav, I was supposed to get into the city around 3, but I delayed until 4. I love doing the parking in Jersey City (no tolls to get there) then pay the 2.50 for the Gate 51 bus right into the city (total of 40 min drive and max 30 min for the bus). Convenience at its finest. I saw his roommate Ishan for the first time in a while and chatted him up for a bit. We went out to Filene's basement to look for pocket squares for his wedding later; on the same side of Union Square, we went to Coffee Shop to look for Lulu but she wasn't around (2nd miss by me in a week). We ended up eating at a barbecue place on the opposite end of Union Square which was delicious. We shared braised beef, pulled pork and half rotteserie chicken (How do you spell that?!?!). It was freaking delicious; we got mac n cheese and creamed spinach on the side. Wow what a meal!!! The white portions of the chicken were marinated so well that they were even tasty (not dry!).
Later we went back to relax and eventually met up w/Ishan at Pourhouse where he and 2 ladies were watching the game. During the rendezvous Gav made me aware of the real reason we were invited... wingmen... so I went to work (after some prodding). Chick #2 actually got up and told her friend to do a lap to find single dudes in front of us (that's how little game I was kicking in the beginning). When they returned I immediately went to work discussing NBA and how she's from the Bay Area and a HUGE Warriors fan which is impressive. She seemed to know a lot about the NBA and was really into the convo. We continued chatting and when things started to turn towards a more interest in each other level she asked how old I was after I found out she went to USC from 96-00 (my HS years); translation 30-32 yr of age. She guessed 23, "Too young for you?" I responded. She didn't really say much but I told her I was 27 and she seemed fine with that. I feel like older women really just want something above 25 (we're pretty much all the same after that anyway right?). So we discussed dancing and goin out. She told me in order to dance (like in her younger days) she'd need to get really drunk and have really great hip hop/R&B. "So you mean to get you to dance I have to get you all drunk?" To me this is a great thing; a chick telling me to get her all trashed up?????
As the 3rd quarter of the game winded down I told her we needed to leave and I'd need her number so we could hang again, that I'd take her out dancing. She began explaining that she never felt comfortable dancing with people she didn't know (mainly guys) but she always loved dancing w/"her girls". I told her I understood because maybe she treated dancing like creating art with people; if you don't have the connection, you can't do it properly (haha). I actually believe that someone could think of dancing in that way... so there.
She seemed to be trying to talk herself out of giving me her number. When I asked she said, "I'm older than you." I looked down confused and said, "Ok." And she said I'm just telling you that so you know. I was like yeah ok. (Girl trying to give me opportunities to stop pursuing; not really sure why, but it always happens).
I locked up the number and we left. Almost met up w/Rishi, Anand, Praveen and Kobe (Aravind) in NB but made it back too late. Goin to bed; I gotta wake up early to take Gav to some wedding. Kill me. Tomorrow is the big softball game. Fingers crossed for no rain!
5.24.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment