5.18.2009

Nice confidence booster

Sunday morning I woke up at Neha's place. We spoke for a little and then I headed out with her as she went to the trainer, and I was to meet Daigo on the East side. Daigo and I hit up Qdoba and I got a delicious burrito that forced me to blow up his bathroom approximately 30 min later. We played games on sporcle for maybe the next 30 min; by that time it was off to Anand's place for poker and basketball games. When we arrived, the game already started and the Rockets were falling behind quickly. Corey and Rishi were there and we waited a bit for Amit Patel before we decided enough was enough and began the game.

I started out hitting top pair 9s and I believe betting out on both flops and turn. Anand called me down and the river filled me up and unfortuantely gave him 3 js. I bet large, he raised all in (effectively as he had a bit left) and I called to take down a wonderful pot after just having won a large one before that from Rishi.

The poker game went fairly well for me; anand and rishi showed me various all in bluffs they pulled on me on small pots that I coudl've won which basically are not material enough for me to call. I ended up winning 4x our buy in after catching daigo leaning on the last hand pushing all in w/k9 over my aqs raise and beating anand out of a decent sized pot late.

Later we left after the Rockets already had gotten blown out and the 2nd game at 8 was starting. I just went home and relaxed; soaking in my big win.

I have noticed that in poker I feel live I give off a lot of tells about what the strengths of my hands are. This is unfortunate because people can always bluff me off a hand. It's terrible. This time I made sure to think about what the deal was with each hand and try to get some tells on opponents; it didn't really work, but I found out if I grinded and wasn't that impatient, I could win (with a few coolers).

Monday was my day of reckoning.

No comments: