5.14.2009

Feeling good about work, feeling down about life

Well I've had several small little projects that I've had to do in the past week that I've pretty much breezed through. It has been a good confidence booster on the work front because I feel like unless you are a real stunner at work, you really can't be 100% sure you'll have a job tomorrow. I also got a vote of confidence from the Senior Manager and VP recently, so that is great news. Being done with work for the week does feel good and it is time to start relaxing. The countdown to Vegas (which I'll post on each blog post now) is 13 days... 13 days!!! less than 2 weeks! You kidding me?!?!?!?!

Onto other things; I recently have been feeling a bit down on my life lately. I've been trying hard to hang out with as many friends possible, and I've seen a few, but life right now just doesn't seem so fun. I am trying to figure out what things I look forward to, and there are just not that many things that come to mind. I'd say #1 right now maybe seeing family especially my parents which is a really large 180 from before I went to Asia. I think #2 would have to be spending time w/my L bro Ebin. It's nice to see him and hopefully I can see him weekly on a consistent basis (have my fingers crossed for tomorrow). There honestly is no #3 right now. I think I need to get out of the house more, scheme on chicks more, and hang in general with friends more.

I'm thinking maybe the low feelings have to do with the residual effects of having no girlfriend, rather no one with a really deep intimate relationship with. I think this is possible to have with a non-girlfriend girl friend. I just need to find one (ideally some) to be able to talk to, and mutually care for each other (I think). Maybe this is not the problem; I think I've just had too much time to think abuot the past, when really I need to focus on the future. It helps that work has not been completely boring and that I've been consistently getting work.

I also need to really get into my new businesses; I'm struggling to pick up new customers and every week that passes is missed revenue opportunities for both businesses. I'm unhappy that this week I will have no tennis lessons. It was a beautiful day out and perfect for some outdoor activities. I'll cross my fingers for next week.

I think I'll be heading over to Morristown tonight with my man Amit. I really foudn that recently I've been acting lazy and it really is not good for the mindset. I tried doing some pushups today which helps and I'm hoping to set some sort of pushup/pullup goal for myself for the next few weeks. I'm also gonna need to find places in the US where ladies hang out, because I may have been 5 steps away from ladies less than 10 times this entire week which is just unacceptable.

Other than that I'ev been slowly trying to grind the $7.40 on Full Tilt I have into something that can sustain $2 instead of $1 tournies that I've been playing. It is really scary to be playing with stakes that are more than 10% of your bankroll!!!!

Enjoy the weekend; I'll be back

No comments: