So Saturday morning I woke up and immediately went over to the Rutgers Livingston courts to meet up w/Brian to start our lessons. I arrived 30 minutes early and hadn't eaten, os I started stalking the campus for food. I drove over to Busch and paid $0.25 to park in a visitor spot; I freaking hate parking on campuses. I wakled up to the student center behind some dude; I saw him walk to the door, look up then back off and sit down on a bench near the door. I guess I should've realized it was locked, but never send a boy to do a man's work, so I found out it wasn't locked myself.
I was pretty desperate for food, so I looked for any other doors that were open. On the way back up the steps from locked door #2 I passed a cute medium chested (for an asian) asian girl with very nice eyes. I semi berated myself for not talking to her, and continued hunting for food. Behind door #3 was the dining buffet; 11.95 for a breakfast buffet that only included bagels and yogurt?!?!?!?!? REALLY??? I left and what do you know? The asian chick was walking by, so I ... Chatted her up! "Excuse me, do you know of any places to eat around here??" (the best I could come up with) I immediately noticed a big smile appear on her face while I thought how old she could be (I settled on 20). "Not right now, the student center opens up at 10:30 if you can wait til then." I told her I could not as I had to get over to Livingston (not sure if I mentioned tennis although I should've because it would've been something more to talk about). After that I kind of ran out of things to say and fake looked disappointed (well I actually was disappointed) that there was no food option in sight. She began to leave and I... no, she just left; I was a bitch and didn't get her # or anything; great.
Well I returned to the tennis courts and arrived just as Brian and his mom arrived. To my surprise they took out a ball hopper, so I wouldn't need mine (which is fine). We started out by playing a set and while warming up I kept shanking balls. Brian must've been thinking, "Wow why is my mom paying this kid to lose to me." The set went better; he basically is too inconsistent to beat me, and I just went up 5-0 pretty easily. We just stopped after that and we went over some things I saw. We worked on forehands next and then followed with backhands. I think he picked up on stuff I was telling him about, but was getting extremely tired. I decided to work on some serves, and after 15 min he hit a couple and really looked like he was comfortable already with what we changed. It looked very promising.
After the lesson I just stayed at home and played some poker. I played maybe my 10th freeroll on fulltilt and finished 6th out of 2700 people for $6!!!!! Huge cash for me because I dont' like putting money online myself. At night I just went back to my parents' houes with my sister and called it a night.
I woke up 12 hr later and felt wonderful. I basically just ate, took my mom to chinese school, then hung out w/my BOY Marc Hill who I've only seen a couple times the past 3 yr since he's been in Pittsburgh. He's back in NJ and lookin to give tennis lessons to high performance youngsters (he's a real good coach and knows loads about fitness! Axe about him!). It was nice catching up and seeing how well he's doing. Every one of my friends is making me look extremely unambitious (which I am).
At night we just ate a decent dinner; my mom didn't want to go out; she wanted to cook. We left after I demolished her in a head to head sudoku match up (1 medium, 1 hard).
It's good seeing my parents; I never really appreciated it before but I now enjoy spending time with them.
5.12.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment