I realize I haven't written in 4 days which is a fairly long time in the blog world, but really doesn't matter cuz I've had 2 hits in that period, so no one is missing out on anything.
So Sunday at 4AM I woke up in a hot sweat with stomach pain and for the next 6 hours I went between the toilet and the bed in 30 min intervals. I had been feeling under the weather for the past 4 days, but today my body just crashed. I spoke to 3 people, the front desk, my aunt (in Taipei) and a friend all of which asked if I wanted to go to the hospital, all of which I responded to with a “no, I’ll be fine.”
I learned from this experience that it seems if you ask me to do something I will say no, but if you tell me I need to, I probably will cave. All of the people asked me if I wanted to go, and I refused. My friend then adamantly told me she was going to take me to the hospital and I agreed.
While I was sick that morning I really had no idea how much time had gone by. My friend said she’d bring me to the hospital. She worked til 2, so I expected her to come after work. Really soon after she told me, she showed up at my door and whisked me away. I only took my wallet and eye covers for sleeping; my cell was dead.
The drive to the hospital was long and brutal; I felt nauseous the whole way and 15 min felt like an hour and a half. When we finally got there, there weren’t a huge amount of people in the front of the ER. We must’ve waited at least 15 min before Ruru got to the front of registration. They found out I had no insurance and it was on for them. After taking some preliminary tests they said I’d have to get hooked up to an IV. I was a bit scared, but then when I looked around EVERYONE was hooked up to an IV. It was my first time and to be honest, it’s not that bad. You feel a prick and sting when the needle goes in, but later not much. You just are conscious of something on your arm and you have to walk around holding the bag of fluid (or put it on one of those IV carriers).
I spent the next 12 hours in the hospital feeling woozy, sleeping, feeling nauseous, feeling cold, running a fevers and walking 40 feet to the bathroom (an arduous process to say the least). Ruru left while I was with the first Dr. and returned later around 4 to stay with me til around 10 when she just really had to sleep. Winnie and Eric came around 6 or 7 and Lynette made it around 9. They really took care of me. I ran a fever all day and the Dr. said I couldn’t go home until the next day because of that.
Luckily for the next 17 hours I was fine and at 7PM the next day they let me walk.
5.01.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment