First of all I can't wait to go to Vegas!!! It's less than a week away and I just really hope I don't infect anyone with STD's when I get back... Standard Terrible Dialogue... that's what it stands for... I assume.
Today went pretty well; I actually was doing some semi-fraud investigations for our company that we usually do throughout the year. I get really tired of looking at computer screens all day, and basically play online poker at night/watch TV so it's basically like 14-16 hr a day of watching a screen or multiple screens (sometimes I have the TV and 2 laptops going.
I had gotten my Full Tilt bankroll up to the highest its ever been, more than double, then lost my last tournament to go back to about double. I'm hoping I can get up to about triple what I have now, then I can start advancing to higher stakes (still micro limit SNG). It's been really easy though, I mean you just sit on FT, basically grind the first couple levels until there's 4-6 players left, then just become a little more aggressive, but extremely patient still. I realized you don't really need to go all in with bad hands ever... most people at the lowest stakes have extremely easy timing tells you can pick up on.
Aside from that I just realized that the NBA has somehow become good. I was almost engaged for a whole game yesterday and the final 5 minutes of all 3 conference finals have been UNBELIEVABLE!!! I think with the influx of all these talented and athletic players the league has grown extremely competitive, and it helps that there is better defense (I think) being played by the best players (LeBron, Kobe and especially Melo). I really respect what Melo has done this year; in the past he has basically (I heard) been a liability on the defensive end, but currently has just been trying to lock down Kobe 50% of the time which is admirable. He just looks like a beast on the low block and like he said in his interview during the game, "When I have the ball in my hands with one guy in front of me, I just feel like he's at my will." or something like that. I mean you pretty much can't stop him; he's very quick, he's become cerebral and his spot up jumper is just spot on.
My man Corey hollered at me tonight and confirmed for me that the asian chick his girl knows is a solid one. He apparently met her at some softball game and told me she asked his gf to tell him to bring, "his friend" which I'm assuming meant me (me being the 6'2" asian). That's basically good news since I've mostly been striking out back in America; although, I have been out only 2-3 times and I've been decently pleased with my efforts. I really just have to become more aggressive much like Trevor Ariza has been. He's just been taking the ball to the hoop often and no one really can stop him. I really like the aggressive approach and want to bring that to the bar scene. It wouldnt' help to practice that before my stint in the majors next weekend in Vegas.
Holler at me:
Vegas in 6.5 days. Watch Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment