I believe my blogs will detail my life about 24 hours later than real time, almost how I am living life 12 hours earlier than all you fools on the east coast. I think this delay allows me to gather my thoughts during work, think about things to write about and ultimately turn the material into a readable work.That being said I received a surprising email from my leadoff hitter (call her what you please, Jose Reyes, #1 Stunna, or my personal favorite Air China) yesterday afternoon (for you guys, 2 early mornings ago; I'll remind you of the time difference a couple of times before I expect you to fully understand I'm, again, 12 hours ahead of you). It was a simple note, "Hi, i have check my flight, i'm sorry, not rest on 2rd. When you will fly to bj? 2rd or 3th?" I really don't want to make fun of someone who knows more about bilingality than most of you, but lets face it, we all love laughing at people's inadequacies which are our strengths (maybe that's just my house).
This email was in response to my previous one days ago. In my 2nd to last post I surely felt this was a lost cause. With this reply though, I feel maybe she was busy, flying too much, or just didn't feel like tapping her English roladex to write an email to someone she served for 3 hours and only conversed with for literally 3 minutes of her life. She must have been planning to email me once she found out her flight schedule for the beginning of April as I had requested. I originally planned to layover in Beijing to visit the Olympic sites (I freaking love the water cube) before I returned home on Sunday, but found out later that I'd have to work in Taiwan.
I'm not sure whose voice was in my head that evening, but I decided to dial her up from the hotel (definitely should've waited). When the line opened, I heard some music as someone said Hello which indicated to me that she knew who it was. I still began with, "Ni hao, wo shi Cui Kai Ning (Hi, I'm Ken)." "dsjfkadgjk;awhrjkak (I know who it is because of the out of town number; it actually is not a good time for me to talk right now)". "Ok, so when is a good time?" "Maybe 2 days, actually, tomorrow after 10PM".
Ask any guy who knows anything about talking to women, "When should I call her?" and he will reply with, "When is the next Olympics?" NEVER call a girl during a time she allots for you; I cannot stress this enough. My feeling here is that I was being kind of a bitch by asking her when was a good time to call back, but I mitigated that by not calling her back tonight. The guy's job is to set the schedule, making sure he is in control. This works the same for ladies too. You ladies should also exercise this right. Anytime someone doesn't go to plan, it brings up a red flag, "I wonder why she didn't call me?" Maybe this is just how I feel, but I"m assuming other guys MAY feel the same way??? No clue...
This brings up a good point; many people say "I don't play games" or "I don't like playing games". I'll only drop gold here and there, so please listen; YOU MUST PLAY THE GAME. I think "the game" gets a bad rap just because of its name; is it really some optional dialogue and behavior some people choose to manipulate other people to the best of their ability? When I play "the game" I am just using human nature to my advantage. Some people say everyone is different; no two people are alike; come on, people have similarities. It doesn't have to be everyone, but most people feel the same way about certain things. If you get cut off while driving, most people will get pretty upset and unhappy. If someone you find attractive pays you a compliment, you naturally get excited.
Well I'm telling you right now that similar to these feelings you personally have, other people experience them too! I don't know why I'm giving out free advice like this, but please use it! I get unhappy when my friends tell me they don't play games because I think it's really necessary to get farther in all aspects of life. I actually am guilty of not "playing games" at work. I sometimes feel I should be able to do/say/wear what I want without reprecussion; which frankly is not true. The quicker I realize this, the quicker I will achieve less chance of getting canned.
No comments:
Post a Comment