4.03.2009

I'ma get on this TV mama... I'ma, I'ma put shit down!!

What can I say; after a full day and a half of birthday well-wishers I really wanted to take time to shout out all my friends. In the end, to me, life really is all about your friends and fam. Me and my boys, we's be in the club actin a foooooool. I really enjoy my friends due to the relentless advice I get, the trust we have w/each other and obviously the best part is the inside jokes/trash talk. Thank you all for always being in my ear, wishing me well and getting my back!

My whole birthday was pretty packed up. I rose from my bed early for work and got through the day w/o too much heartache. My lunch was delicious and the GM made sure he came since he'd be unable to make it to the party that night (due to a business trip to Shanghai). We ordered some noodles since in China the birthday guy should eat long noodles to lengthen your life (I was hopin for something else since us Chinese guys... well you know... lets just move on). The Finance Department supervisor surprised me with a fruity cake w/apricots, kiwi, lychee and dragon fruit (maybe more) with blueberry syrup inside the cake.

For dinner we went to a real nice restaurant in a private room and again had some noodles. I also drank maybe 3-4 small small glasses of wine. They wanted me to "dry glass" with everyone at the table (about 8 people). I sheepishly explained to them that this was simply not a possible feat for Young Tsuizzie. I did, however, initiate my own dry glass with everyone at the end and 5 min thereafter was feeling quite a bit toasty. After successfully gettin' red (see facebook pictures for evidence), I was surprised with another cake and a birthday gift of 3 chinese music CD's. I had wanted some chinese pop music to bring home to enjoy, so this was a really thoughtful perfect gift!!!! The people at MAS China really are too nice and have been super hospitable to me for the 3 weeks I've been here. I can't say enough about them.

Soon after dinner we drove to the Crowne Plaza Shenzhen V bar whose logo is basically "bar" flipped over and written upside down. The A in bar has no dash in the middle and is an enlarged red V. Real cool place where we were able to Soak in women again. We had a total of 7 people; there I ordered a delicious Kahlua (the first of my career), since I did not find a white russian (yeah i know, drinkin something for dudes don't hurt, not unless you a bitch).

When we arrived at the bar, there was a nice R&B mixture goin on from the DJ booth setting a nice groovy mood; unfortuantely the bar made a horrendous decision to go with a band that sang pop rock English songs that basically killed any shot of anyone dancing (not so many people at that point anyway).
Our party decided to play some dice for the next 30-45 min. Here are the rules: each person gets a cup and 5 dice. Lets say we have 3 players; each player rolls dice and only looks at his own 5 dice. One person starts by guessing the total number of dice showing a certain number (for example: there will be 4-2's). The 1st player must guess a total dice number equal to or greater than the number of players playing (you at least must guess 3 of any number). Then the player to her right must guess that same number of dice but for a higher number, or a number of dice of any number higher than the number of dice first guessed (so next player can guess 3 3s or 4 6s). This happens over and over until any player decides there's no way there could be that many dice and basically says bullshit (in chinese it is called opening the player up). Everyone turns up their dice and the total is counted. If the player who opened up the other player's is wrong, the incorrect opener is forced to drink. If the player who is opened has guessed incorrectly, he will then have to drink. The player involved who is correct starts off the next round with a guess. These are the basic rules to dice in the bar. A couple other rules are that 1's are wilds, so they are added as any number that is guesed. If a person guessing uses 1's in his guess, then 1's will no longer count as any other number later in that round. Really fun game to play w/a lot of people if the music in the bar BLOWS.

Upon completion of dice we decided to check out the outdoor portion of the bar. There was an enormous (I'd call it a) tent set up as a canopy over maybe a football field's worth of space. There were 2 pools, one of which had a pool bar where you can swim and sit on stools underwater. This wasn't open but it was nevertheless cool to check out. The pool was freaking enormous and there were probably at least 30 tables to lounge at on one side. After a few minutes we went back in as the band finally stepped off and started dancing w/the natives. This is the point where all my coworkers found out how much I like men since there was a chick that popped up out of nowhere, clearly wanted to cut the rug w/me, yet I politely declined by looking awkwardly at her and at other places desperate to find any guy to dance with instead (not sure how untrue this actually is). I did make eye contact w/a real cute girl and not act on it too... a real smooth young tsuizzie. I believe that the reason I was such a bitch was because a) I feared rejection in front of my coworkers (but by not trying i looked like a bigger fool) and b) i figured maybe if I tried to hop on chicks in front of them they may talk at the office and spread stuff (don't know what). I think I'll really need to step up in the future cuz lets be honest, who cares.

We left around midnight, and when I returned to the hotel, the hotel entertainer (singer) was getting ready to go out. A few weeks back the hotel customer service director invited me for a drink to discuss some of my interests and how i'd like my stay at the Kempinski to go. I was able to choose a daily wakeup call, tell them things I like and dislike so far about the hotel and make other points I have easily forgetten since then. We were in the hotel bar and the singer and pianist were busy entertaining a sparse crowd. I later saw the singer a couple times and waved and exchanged what's up's with her. We were able to speak a few times just saying what are you doin, but I noticed she seemed to be a little more than interested in what I was doing (some of you'd say this is cuz it's her job to "entertain" and get people to like her, but I beg to differ).

Well we spoke for a hot minute and I told her to check out the Crowne as we just came back and there were a lot of people. What I should've done was just go right back out with them, but then how could I update my blog and get up for work the next day. So what I really shoudl've done is gotten her number in hopes to potentially enjoy a few nights of my last week here in Shenzhen, but why would I do something so reasonable?

After we finished, I went back to my room to find my 3rd birthday cake of the day, left by the hotel just for me. If I were to pick a dream day to enjoy w/o my friends for my bday, this is basically what I'd select (obviously w/o the 8 hours of work and with a PRO at the end of the night... but that's just me).

That does it for today; later this weekend, fun at the massage parlor, a convo w/Air China and analyzing a date securing conversation.

No comments: