We woke up and missed the 10AM shuttle cuz of me; we had a nice indian driver who bs'ed w/my mom and dad talkin about picking up heavy luggage.
We got to the front of the line to check in and for some reason I was the only one on my reservation when I swiped my card; I had to swipe my parents' credit card and for some reason they had to pay for the checked luggage they had. I called over the agent and he said they don't get to check bags free. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him I had just called the Elite hotline before our trip to confirm that yes, in fact, the checked baggage of anyone traveling on a confirmation with me (an elite member) is free.
The lady walking around came up to us as the guy was checking the free/not free status of the bags and asked me why do you think it's free? I was about to get in her face, but the guy told her to stop and that it was in fact free.
We stepped through security in the quick elite line and walked to the gate. They called my parents over to the gate; I watched the luggage. A minute later, my dad came over and told me to sort out the details of what was going on. When I got there, I saw that they changed my mom's new 26d aisle seat to a 18b middle seat. The gate agent explained that a family had been sitting there, she had opened up seats in that aisle and we had taken them when they were supposed to be for a family, so she just took them back for the family. I was getting tilted, but my mom just said if you put her back in the original 28F window seat in my dad's aisle, no problem. Unfortunately for Continental, the lady refused saying she can't just "change seats". I said, "WHAT?!?! You just CHANGED that seat?!?!?!" She said she did not; she just returned them to the original owners. I asked her if she didn't change it, then how did we have a ticket w/26d, and now our ticket says 18b... does that not constitute a change??? COMICAL!!! I started laughing. I said, "You need to call the guy in seat 26f up here and tell him he's returning his seat to the original owner. She said, she couldn't do that; basically telling me she refused to help.
"Well then I guess we'll just have to call up the continental elite hotline and see what they think about this situation we have," I said while I pulled out my phone. Immediately she started trying to figure out ways to help. Fortunately for her, my mom said she could just take the middle seat next to my dad, so an easy solution was found. The person in the seat next to my dad just switched w/my mom to get closer. We were able to avoid a skirmish, but I still am obviously going to write in about how rude the agent was.
Our flight was ok; there was a very sarcastic, but funny (in the beginning of the flight) flight attendant who made some jokes. He then became exceedingly rude. I found out after the flight that at one point my dad stood up to let my mom out of the seat and bumped into the dude as he was quickly pulling the service cart out of the back of the plane. My dad immediately said sorry and the dude apparently stared his ass down w/some sort of death look and just kind off went about his way. Apparently the dude thought he had bought a ticket for the plane and that my dad was serving him. That dude's about to get fired; so enjoy that last paycheck buddy.
It really amazes me that some people in customer service based jobs can feel the need to be rude and obnoxious to customers that are paying for services by these employees' companies that pay their salaries. He should've known whose dad he was F'ing with. Now he's gonna be out of a job once I find time to make a call to the elite hotline. Enjoy that buddy.
The rest of the flight was fairly enjoyiable for me. I watched "Post Grad," a movie about a girl who just graduated trying to find a job and love, when love is right under her nose. The 2nd movie was Julie /Julia, the one about cooking. It was pretty good, but the ending was kind of ehhhhh... it just seemed to end in a point of time that was unplanned.
Unfortunately after the flight landed and after our bags came out (since I"m elite they come out WAY before other people's bags), we found out my aunt got a ticket for parking on the shoulder before the terminal. What is everyone's take on this? I kind of agree that she should've gotten a ticket because its' obvious when cops are all over the place telling people to get off the curb. Maybe that's just me though.
We got home and ate a nice dinner of pork chops and I drove home. It was a long long day.
12.03.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment