12.08.2009

Condolences to the Z Family

Yesterday I was in Trenton to fix my computer and went to Pat's house after work; I found out the day before his father passed away and made a point to go over there. I actually would've gone over there anyway since it's like 10 min from his house. We haevn't hung out in a while. He was my 1st roommate @ TCNJ in Centennial hall. Great times there.

I drove over to his house from the Trenton Access Branch for Stanley and was lookin for a grocery store or supermarket to find some flowers for his mom; unfortunately I didnt' find any and almost gave up. Believe it or not, I looked over to the left at this small plaza mall thinking to myself, "it would be amazing if there was a flower shop here." AND THERE IT WAS!!!! Simcoxs flowers.

I walked in and immediately greeted the employees; one walked over and asked what kind of asian I was and when I told her to guess, she got it right on the money! She then asked me to name what she was and I said "some kinda spanish" not really... that's a family guy joke, I said latina. She told me no, but good guess, she was actually English, but many people guess she's puerto rican.

I did ask them what I should get for a family with a passing; they said orchids are nice because they last long and are beautiful. I had never gotten stuff for this occassion, so I wasn't sure what qualified as a good gift. It almost sounded like this plant was a representation of the deceased person which to me sounded morbid. I did, though, end up getting the orchids; they were a nice purple color and about $20 which I thought was perfect. They looked very nice and I happily sat them between my legs as I drove the 2 blocks to his place.

I got in, and hung out. Mrs. Z was around and Ryan came back to the hosue as well ffrom work. Luckily for me, his mom loved the flowers and that just makes me happy that I could do something positive in light of their tough times. We later played The Show and my Mets won in extra innings vs. brewers.

I want to take this blog to send out my sincerest condolences to Pat and his family.

No comments: