I went to the movies Friday night; freaking cost 17.50 a ticket on Fandango and then a $2 convenience charge on top of it!!! Couldn't believe I spent $39 and hadn't even saw the movie yet!
Friday I left my house around 4 so I could meet up hopefully earlier than 7:15 (the showtime) in the city. I ended up getting to the Patel Bro's house (where I dropped off some stuff for later in the weekend) around 4:50 and chilled w/Rishi for a bit before he went to pick up his Cowboy/Giants tickets for Sunday. I gate 51'd over to Port Authority and slowly walked to the Theater near Penn Station. I got a hot dog on the way as I planned to eat w/Rishi, but he had to bounce, so I was VERY hungry. I got to the theater around 6:25, 5 min early and my friend was on the bus about to arrive. We went up and chilled for 30 min before the movie. Surprisingly, my friend bought the food which was big. I had to save the seats so she went to check out the food as she was hungry. She bought me a water and some sour patch kids (a sucker for junk food, she is).
I found out why the movie cost $17.50; it was in IMAX 3d!!!!! We got these cool glasses that were comfortable (for my size 8 head). The previews were SICK! YOU MUST SEE AVATAR IN IMAX 3D it's a MUST! We saw a Christmas Carol and it was a solid movie. Imax 3d made it good; I think if it were a regular movie wouldn't have been as interesting.
We took the NQR over to Union Square and tried to hit up Blue Fish Grill at Brooke's recommendation, but it was an hour wait so we went next door to Heartland Brewery, one of my friend's favs. We got a decent spinach artichoke dip, Wild Mushroom Ravioli that was very very good, and a decent but weird tasting Tuna Burger. It had ginger and wasabi sauce just like it was semi cooked sushi on a burger (no rice). I also did a bad thing and tried the raspberry cider. I drank about half and was pretty toasty; so much so that by the end of the time I was struggling to stay awake and feeling VERY rude yawning behind my hands on my face like I was playing poker. Thankfully my friend either didn't mind or was oblivious to it (which i find hard to believe).
After dinner ended around 11, we walked over to Underbar (Across U Square); I thought it'd be a perfect chill spot, but there were a lot of people dressed up like it was Happy Hour and she wasn't feelin it, so we texted all of our friends to see what was poppin (nothing from my side). We met up w/her friend and her beau and walked around tryin to find places to go.
We settled on Crash Mansion or BLVD. We tried BLVD, but my friend seemed hesitant and said it looked like it was all dudes goin in. I didn't understand why that would be bad for her, so we just went up to get in. She asked the bouncer what was up w/the inside and he said it's ok, not many peeps. She kept inquiring and finally I realized she was asking if it was a homosexual party; WHICH IT ENDED UP BEING!!! I coudln't believe I didn't notice ahha.
We left and walked over to another place whos name I don't know. We just went in for a drink and heard decent music; the 4 of us slithered through the crowd and nestled in right behind the DJ who was dancin and rockin his head; madd funny. I picked up the drinks for everyone (after definitely thinking if I should or not, but I figured what the hell) after the couple didn't offer anything. It ended up being only $14 because they got 2 kamikazes and we got a water and a ginger ale since they were out of ciders (can you guess who had the water?). We chilled for a hot second; we just discussed the movie we saw and random other stuff.
We eventually left and walked over on my friend's request to Katra which I have been to once before w/my great friend neha. It was good music but PACKED on the 1st floor whic hI had never experienced before. We went downstairs and it was MADD LOUD but less people, worse music. We danced for a bit and I noticed she wouldn't dance into me; it felt weird. I would grab her hands sometimes and pull her in, but she'd never give me her weight.
At around 2:30 she seemed bored and I was a bit frustrated as the music wasn't getting as good and I wasn't getting great vibe. We ended up leaving arm in arm. I asked if she was takin subway or cab up the 100+ streets to her place uptown, and she said she'd figure it out. I went for the Path as I knew she didn't need me to stay over (but i just made sure by asking her if she was safe to go home as anyone would do). She said if I didn't feel safe, I would take a cab.
We went to the BDFV and took it up to 34 as that was the only place I knew to get on a path (unfortunately we were downtown so I had to pass a couple path stations to get there... if the path left 34 by 5 min I would've made it had I known of other stations!!!). We crossed our fingers and got in the subway.
When I got to Herald square I quickly jumped out after realizing it was my stop and got a poor cheek turn. I rushed to the Path station and woudln't you know it, I asked the dude next to me if he knew when the train last came and he said he missed by a second 2 min ago!!! I thought i'd have to wait an hour, but it was only 30 more minutes. I befriended the man and he actually worked for the NBA; he saved my name as "NBA Tix Ken" in his phone for when he gets free tix and doesn't have anyone to give em to!!!! That's networking people!!!
When I got out of the station I got a text saying my friend got home, so we had a bit of back and forth as I took a cab to my car near the patel bros. She fell asleep and I drove home soaking in the long but very nice night!
12.07.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment