11.04.2009

The San Francisco Treat

Saturday morning we woke up and went to SCU to play some tennis. It was Syl's 1st time, so I taught her some basics and she kept some balls in play which was nice. The courts were actually full when we got there, but the nike camp instructor hooked us up w/a court by taking some kids off after they played some competitive points w/each other. There were some decent kids there but I hope I'd wreck them all; who knows.

After that we picked up Peggy and went over to eat at this chinese restaurant that was AMAZING... just close to authentic food; we had big sesame steamed bread, this chow fun that was made of beans with chicken and cucumbers w/peanut sauce (bangin albeit cold), some beef wrapped in a steamed bun (decent but not great, very dry), and the last thing I remember was the dumplings w/peanut sauce and hot sauce (very good). The tea was even good. We went to Valley Fair, a BIG ASS Mall, so Peggy could do some shopping at Sephora while we just really tooled around and got some Jamba Juice.

Here's a question for you; if you're w/someone you're dating and a friend tags along, is the guy expected to pay for everyone? It's not that I really care much, but for some reason I paid for everyone and no one even asked to pay something... no one gave me the opportunity to shoot them down which I found odd. Not at Jamba Juice nor at the Chinese restaurant. I dunno; something to think about.

Later we found out Valley fair (around the corner from Santana Row, a downtown area w/shops and restaurants) literally was a 5 min drive from Peggy's house which was 5 min from Syl's house.

We kind of relaxed then set off for a night in San Fran. We headed to Tadich Grille; door to door we made it in like 50 minutes which was awesome; straight shot north up 101. This place was freaking PACKED. We asked for a seat and the restaurant said 45 min, but the host (is this called maiter D?) told us we could wait behind the stools at the bar for people to get up which WOULD be faster.

We quickly scurried through the mobb of people in the very thin walkway on the right side of the restaurant (the first seafood restaurant in SF). There were 2 1 seaters open and I just told sylvana to sit in one of them closest to the front door to wait for someone to get up as the lady looked like she was finishing; she immediately told us she was leaving w/in 10 min and we were PUMPED!

WE chatted w/her and she notified us that this restaurant was in fact BANGIN. Whe nshe left we ordered this raw platter that was decent; the real important fact was that it opened my mind up to Dungeness crab; that crab was straight bangin.

The waitor was very nice and he took all my talking and questions and we ended up w/the seabass special and a seafood curry; let me tell you, seabass continues to be my favorite food. If prepared well (and i've not run into too many that aren't) it is likea stick of butter; you can cut through it and the taste although a bit faint is just sooo sooo fresh and delicious... i really dont' know how to describe it.

The seafood curry was awesome too; Syl didnt' like it much so we pulled the ol' switcheroo and I demolished the rest of the curry while she did her thing w/the bass. The bread they gave out wasn't so great... it was cold sourdough, but it was really good w/the curry.

Later we walked around SF and checked out Fluid (I was there 4-5 yr ago in my PwC training and lost my burberry blazer there) which seemed poppin, but wasn't open yet at 945, so we walked to some other place whose name was cool, but I forgot it (it's pictured). That was supposed to be a hip hop club, but it was $20 cover so we passed and walked back to fluid.

Unfortunately the line stretched around the building at this point and we waited about 8-10 min to get to the front. We were notified there was a cover, but we walked through to the foyer and were greeted by a dude w/a curtain behind him where you enter the club; I saw some people inside, and asked if i could check if there were a lot of people. Dude said no which surprised me. Why would you say no? If there ARE people you just open it up, let someone see and they'll proceed, the only thing that saying no got him was a nice view of our backsides as I immediately was tilted and left... he knew better than to let me look cuz eh would've only made about 40+another 25 on drinks probably.

We walked around and I called Bhrina to see if she's around (neha's old roommate who moved to SF). She was tryin to do something small and was chillin at her apt, so on the way to our car, I tried her again to get the address to punch into the GPS; she was MIA, so I just started leaving. I somehow drove right by andy's place on the way back out of the city and wouldn't you know it, I got the text back from Bhrina as we were on the bridge out of SF. We didn't turn back around.

We drove all the way back and went to bed... I was anxious to get in a full day of football starting at 10AM (PT)!!!!!!!

No comments: