So I was working and checked what Martin was doing for later; he didn't respond for a while, but I received a text; he said, "sorry for not getting back to you, but Laura just gave birth to my son."
WOW!!!!!!!!! I immediately asked if I could go see and drove over to Robert Wood Johnson. I got there and had to wait a bit for Laura to clean up and went w/Martin down to the 2nd floor to check out the baby. Unfortunately I couldln't go into the room since I wasn't a parent. I could see through the glass. Little James's torso looked like a juicy juice can of juice w/appendages. He looked really weak and very red. Martin picked him up and he looked annoyed. What a cute creature!!!! It was just really really cool. I couldn't believe my eyes.
We went back and Laura was chillin. I was frightened to be around her because I thought she'd be weak, but she was really just chillin drinkin a coke. I thought she'd be weak, f'd up or something, but she was fine! We just talked; her mom was there. I was the first non family person there!!! Actually aside from Martin and Laura, her mom was the only other person who was there!!!
We just spoke for a while and then moved Laura to her 2nd floor room. I had to leave w/in the next 15 min to get to Mountain lakes for a tennis match, so I was hoping they allowed the baby to come hang w/Laura... I'd be able to see it face to face and possibly hold it (although I must say I was extremely frightened... he looked extremely weak!!!!)
We went over to check w/the nurse, but she said he just took a bath, so it'd be another 30 min. We went back and I decided to leave. Literally 2 min after I left, Martin texts me and says "they just brought him in dude" HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT!!!!
Anyway, I just really wanted to share that because it was so special. It was the youngest person I've literally ever seen. It was a top 5 moment in my life I think. I can't imagine what it would feel like when/if I have a kid.
Martin said he was holding Laura's leg up and even cut the umbilical cord. I think I'd pass out before I could actually help.
11.18.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment