10.09.2009

Work, Poker and the Sopranos

Monday and Tuesday was workful; Lynette and I returned to Kon which was delicious. My new favorite food is Seabass. i had suprisingly delicious Oolong Seabass at PF Changs (drowned in tea) back in Ct a couple weeks ago. This place had some different ginger Sea bass I think and it was equally good. We got so much yellowtail it was absurd. All the rolls were delicious. We got 2 rolls, yellowtail w/jalapenos, salmon, tuna and shrimp sashimi, wonton soup, seaweed salad, and indian pancakes. Everything was so freaking good it was absurd. I was freaking dying from being so stuffed.

Tuesday we lunched at mozzerellas which took long but made a mean tomato cream sauce and an equally mean American Chop Suey (aka Beefaroni). Instead of elbows they used round cylinders... I don't know what they're called!!!! They're short cylinders, not penne, not ziti... no stripes, they are equally wide as long.

On the way back from RI, we tried but failed at catching the 5:57 Acela, so we ran down and I asked a cute girl w/ear spacers if we had missed it. SHe told me she was goin to New Rochelle and flashed her ticket. I Realized when people do this now, I should figure out that I need to read all the info on it other than what she's showing me and memorize it all... like WHAT HER FREAKING NAME IS... and surprise her w/the info... maybe that would be interesting? Who knows. When I'm around girls I want to holler at I think I get louder than usual and try to draw more attention to myself; not sure if this is a good strategy. Any comments? I try to draw attention to myself and seem more positive.

Anyway, we realized Lynette bought New York Penn Station tix probably because most asians when they say Newark... it sounds like newAHK... with a huge syllable on the 2nd part of the word. We went back up to get it changed and mine got changed to metro park which was nice. WE ended up going back down and I should've just stepped up to the girl whose name I should've gotten, but didn't immediately, then offered my diesel hoodie to her which she politely declined. Is this a good move?

We ended up sitting in Bus class so I coudln't talk to her, but I may have even f'd it up too much anyway w/the shirt comment, so whatever. I'm getting a bit more aggressive, but not good enough. I ended up watching 3 episodes at least of Sopranos on the way back (i'm in the middle of season 5 and it's just an awesome series). I love how it's about psychology and male chauvanism (poorly spelled) more than anything. The psychology of tony and his henchmen is really funny; people get jealous about anything and they story is just awesome. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it. That's for a different post.

While I've been home I hung w/Martin and Laura on Wed. We planned on golf but it was too windy, so we played Madden instead. I freaking beat him once!!! We ordered 4 muskateers pizza (they like hawaiian and I do as well). The pizza is freaking good. Great sauce, and a great crust; not too much cheese.

Today I played some poker after work and ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday which is grossly overpriced for pretty good but small portions. I ended up asking the waitor for a suggestion and he said parmesean chicken... I thought it'd be w/veggies but it was only a chicken parm that tasted good but had a bit too much cheese. I almost choked on my food 3 times! Their lemonade is good (mango pieces in the bottom), but freaking is $3.30!!!

I've been on fire in poker lately, lets go w/that in another post as well. I"m really tired and hungry; so i"ll extinguish the hunger w/a good night's sleep.

TOmorrow I MUST find a folding table for my house. I'm hosting poker sunday... 3PM COME OVER!!!!!

No comments: