10.04.2009

Weekend of poker

So my weekend has been about poker, albeit only about 2-3 hours. It's been the first weekend I haven't travelled back from work. I've basically caught up on shows that I dvr throughout the time I"m away. Those shows consist of America's Best Dance Crew (ABDC), How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM), World Series of Poker (WSOP) and Poker After Dark (PAD).

ABDC is a sick show. It's just exciting every time you watch it; each crew is awesome in their own way and there's a real hip hop aspect to the show. Season 4 was awesome; there was a bboy group (always very athletic and fun to watch) a popping all girl group (really sick things they can choreograph), and a latino(a) group that could do lifts and such (really sexy dancing and really interesting moves that make you say DAMN). I really found myself saying damn at least 1 time every 2 episode. THat's OUT LOUD. Some of the stuff the groups do is really amazing. I also love the judges. Shane Sparks is so hood as well as Lil Mama. They both say ya'll did ya'll thing so much. Shane loves the ladies too which is hilarious. JC is great because he usually has the most introspective things to say and he even tries to be hip hop too which i love.

HIMYM is just a hilarious show that talks about things I love doing-Ripping my friends and hitting on chicks. Doogie Howser is just an amazing actor. I heard he's gay and he still plays that players role so so well. The other actors are great too. It's just hilarious all over the place and I wish I talked like that in regular life.

WSOP is not a great show, but at least you see the biggest tourney in the world. It's fun to watch all the different players interact and see how people won. It's actually not as good as PAD but the commentary is better. I like Lon MacEarhan and Norman Chad better than Ali Nejad... but I do LOVE Leann Tweeden for obvious reasons.

PAD is great because you see a lot of hands even "meaningless" (meaning no action) hands so you can see how people are playing in an entire session and how they are perceived. My favorite player to watch is Tom Dwan because he is an ultimate thinking player and when he goes over analyses in his post week interview, he goes into great length about hwat he was thinking and why he was making certain plays. It's really amazing he gives up so much information about his game; I think it's because he's so good he can outthink anyone anyway. Phil Ivey, albeit great, doesn't really give much away. I'm not sure if it's on purpose, or he just doesn't want to waste time being interviewed; just would rather play. A funny comment just happened during an episode I'm watching currently. Pat antonius who married Maya Gellar (who knows, she's slammin as the pic shows) said that he had to ask Maya about doing something and Phil Ivey just started laughing at him and asked if he had to get her permission to leave the house. They all had a good laugh.

I also went out last night w/Daigo, Amit, Nisha, Kristina (hope that's how you spell it) and her broseph Greg. It was a great time in MoTown althoguh I didn't hit on girls which was poor. There was a set of cougars that Daigo told me I should holler at but it was kinda too late as they had been by our side for a while. Note, hit on chicks immediately.

There was another 2 girls (one was SLAMMIN, an 8.5, tall, blonde, dressed well, and pretty face, not perfect but good, great body ouch). I kinda stepped up too late to them, but I made good convo (asked if they liked being speed bumps). I ended up going back up to them later and inviting to eat empanadas w/me and Daigo, they said maybe, and never came. (Note, GO UP TO GIRLS IMMEDIATELY)

There were another group of 4 older chicks daigo told me one checked me out (looked me up and down). I immediately aksed her group if they had a napkin for a piece of gum that was bigger than my shoe on the bottom of it. She instantly found one and brought it over so I grabbed her face and planted a fat one on her cheek. We started bantering and it was going well until she said "no i don't go out very often" I asked her why, and she said "because i'm married" What an odd way to answer that.

Well Raul's empanadas was bangin as usual. Saturday was just chillin at home and cleaning up my stuff as well as some online poker. My friends bitched out w/going out so I am stuck at home watching TV :(

No comments: