10.12.2009

(Un)Eventful Weekend

Friday I hit some golf balls w/martin and amassed 79 strokes over 9 holes (DONT ASK). I basically couldn't find at least 3 balls and hit one straight into the water because I underestimated how far I could hit. Hole #2 there was water at around 130 yards and I selected 8 iron to lay up before the water since I was scared I coudln't hit over; and it dropped right in. Great. I did have a nice one putt on 9 to "salvage" the day. I also had a bogey on 7 I believe which felt really good. I hit 3 solid shots there.

After I got home, I showered and went up to the Patel Bro's to go to "Feel Good" in secaucus. From what I was told, this is a place with tons of ripe, saucy latina chicks that are waiting to be plucked. Unfortunately we got there, and it was disco night with chicks over 35. It was nice hanging w/Rat, Priya, Ak and their friends. I still could've pushed it w/some chicks there but decided not to cuz I'm a bitch.

Saturday I chilled at home and continued research for a folding table. I called up Office depot, staples and home depot and found that staples had the cheapest one for $50. Office Depot had a plastic table for $80 so it looked like Staples would get my business. My mom and I decided to drive over to office depot first since it's closer and I'd like to see the merchandise before i see the actual one that I want to buy at Staples in case it was better. The table at Office depot was nice, but the price was too high; right when we were about to leave, my mom said wait, it's on clearance for $52. Sure enough, there was a hyper yellow sticker on the floor of the display. I didn't understand why it woudlnt' be advertised better, but who cares right?! I looked and they had a "wooden" folding table advertised too. I called up Staples and asked if it was the same one; sure enough it was. So I walked out of the store w/a 40% off folding table!!!!!

I showered and drove up to Neha's for a night cap. We were planning to go to D'or near her place for a party, but ended up going out first w/her friend Mona and her husband to a post wedding party at Arctica (some sports bar lounge). There were really really cute indian girls there... but all of them had about $30k+ on their ring fingers. Yeah... all taken. We were there for a while catchin up w/Mona, and eventually left around 1230 to go to D'or... Unfortuantely there was a line, and when we finally got to the end of it, there was a $25 cover. We decided to just walk a block to her place and go to bed since we were both tired and both not tryin to pay money in a recession haha.

Sunday morning I woke up and drove daigo and I back to my place for impending poker game/football. He dominated me 2-0 in heads up poker action. 1/2 blinds and 350 unit starting stack. I had him extremely short and i reraised him all in on the river when he had a set; unfortuantely I was losing every step of the way. It seems liek I'd be dominating earlier rounds and he'd just come back to win; it was frustrating.

The Giants really just dominated the raiders. JaMarcus Russell and the raiders just are a terrible team. I discussed w/Daigo and there just are enormous amoutns of bad teams... Browns, Bills, Bucs, Cowboys, Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins... can we even add the titans in there??? It's tough to say how good the Giants are because they've been on cruise control against their opponents that are all pretty terrible.

I ended up winning my fantasy football matchup for the day (after adjustments today I am up 2). If tehre are no other adjustments, I will be above .500 for the first time in 3 years. IT's been a LOOOOONG TIME to say the least. All the bad luck from years past has turned around the last 3 weeks which is nice. I've been riding the Cedric The Entertainer train for the entire year; he popped 20 points up on the Ravens and became the first running back in 39 games to rush for over 100 yds against that nasty defense.

In poker I just performed horribly. The first big hand that came up, I was getting bored and decided to smooth call raise from UTG w/kjo. Rat raised to my left and 2 guys called; I reraised from 1 to 4 and amit patel went all in. He seemed pretty calm and answered my questions just w/a I don't care it's ur decision to call or not. I decided to call 10 more since he was short and he showed me aces.

Later I think i was crusiing aroudn $10 and lost all my money on a hand i forgot. After a rebuy, I hit a straight on the river to take a lot of money from daigo (aroudn $10). Then an ill fated hand where I limped in w/aj UTG; Anand raised from BB and I called. Flopped 2 aces; he checked, I bet and he called. Anand is really aggressive so I thought if i checked the turn he'd try to steal the pot on the river; that's exactly what happened. He checked, I Checked the turn and then he put $10 in on the river; I instashoved about 10 more and he was insta all in w/a boat that he made on the river. In retrospect the shove may be dumb because in a good game I prob only get called w/better hands (maybe w/ace rag trips). Then again in this game people call w/unusual things and I rarely go all in w/o the goods, so who knows. I lost around $15 there. Then the last hand I limped in the SB w/95o flopped top/bottom pair, bet small, got raised by amit and insta shoved. He instacalled w/top pair and ISD and hit it on the river to win.

All in all a pretty uneventful weekend, but I chilled w/rat twice which is extremely rare nowadays.

No comments: