10.02.2009

Last 3 days of project

So the project winded down w/not much work involved. We worked on personal stuff like expenses and I looked for a new credit card. By saying looked, I mean asked Anna if she knew of any and she said she did prudent research and came up with the Hilton Honors Amex. No fees, at least 3 points per dollar on any purchases and a bonus 3 on certain ones like groceries, gas stations, hotels and others.

We ate great food at Max's Oyster bar and China pan (authentic Shanghainese). Then Went home via taxi then train on Wednesday afternoon.

Wednesday night Daigo offered and I obliged to hitting some tennis balls. That was actually fun albeit madd cold. We went to SBHS to hit and of course they have an open house so we have to park madd far on Fox Hill Run Rd to get to the courts. It was madd fun though, we hit around and then played 2 11 point games that I won. The 3rd 11 point game ended at 7-5 me when the lights went off promptly at 9PM, an hour after we arrived.

Thursday I woke up pretty late and it felt so freaking good. I went to Martin's to give him a pair of nike tennis shorts and a cd i burned a while ago (3+ yrs ago). Before I drove over, I took the extra 200 out of my wallet and set it on the counter so I wouldn't get robbed and have 200 extra that i didn't need on me. I had originally taken it out in preparation to go ot the casino last weekend in CT. Ironically Jeff called me as I was on the way to Martin's and asked if I wanted to go to AC!!! I decided yes although I had no money and was goin elsewhere. So he would pick me up after martin's.

I freaking played madden and HATED IT. I coudln't do shit and martin just shit all over me. It was really pathetic. I had -7 yards after the first half. I blow. We played gmen vs. gmen.

Later Jeff picked me up and we set off around 9:15. We got to AC at 11 and got the fatburger chicken sandwiches (bangin). We hit up 1/2 NL and I unfortunately lost 5.5 in ATM fees to take money out. We sat down at diff tables and I immedaitely had a hand.

1st hand 1/2 NL 60min 300max
UTG ~150
UTG+1 ~220
SB (hero) ~275

UTG and UTG +1 limp; folds around to me and I raise w/ak in SB to 11. BB folds, UTG and UTG1 call. Flop is 5qk rainbow. I decided to check to be coy and see what those dudes do and keep the pot low i think. I also figured w/3 guys on rainbow flop i could check raise (CR) depending on what they do, or just call.

UTG bets $20 into about $35. He's a young guy w/headphones and a leprechaun protector. He seems to me like a good player who calls a lot preflop w/suited connectors.

UTG+1 is a really old guy, kinda funny doesn't tlak too much, complains a lot but in pretty good spirits. He calls, then I call thinking a raise would ID my hand and I could see what they do on the turn. Turn is a blank and I checked hoping to see what they do; some people will be scared if a raiser check calls, but UTG went all in for $95. UTG+1 seems like a calling station and he thinks for 10 seconds and calls. UTG1 keeps holding his chips so I can't see how much he has; I use this opportunity (even though I put UTG on KQ) to give me a count. He matter of factly counts out about $75. I think about it and fold. UTG turns over 2 qs for a set and UTG1 turns over aces... GREAT FOLD!!!!!!!!! I had the worst hand pre and post flop!!!! During the hand I thought they called from SB and BB, so that's why i put SB on KQ, but in retrospect, the fact they both limp called from UTG, it makes sense they had monsters.

there was great banter between the 2 UTGS and the female dealer. The dealer kept making weed references and saying she was only interested in drinking. Then called the old guy old and asked him are you a real doctor or a dentist, and found out he was only a dentist hahahaha. The old guy got pissed and started ripping her. He said the only reason she asks that is cuz she's dumb.... said "I have a diet for you, tie your hands behind your back" HUUUUUUUH!!!!!!

Another hand: someone raised from UTG or Midddle position. I called w/4s and flopped a set 943. A guy who had bet out 3 straight times w/nothing then hit an ace on the river, bet out this time again. I called, and the action just kept going like that and I took down a nice pot w/the set. There was a straight and flush out so I just called the river.

Third hand: I had 86s and called w/4 others. Flop was 459 w/a backdoor flush draw. guy bet kinda small so I called. Turn was a beautiful 7, so I check called again. River I check called a rainbow card w/the nuts. Guy bet out 30 and I took time and raised to 75. He immediately folded unfortuantely, but I still think I got the max.

The last hand after I had been up around 90, I had been planning to raise UTG because I had been playing conservatively, pretty tight. I raised it up w/96 from UTG1 and got 2 callers. Flop was 8 high, I had a backdoor straight draw and we all checked. Turn was another 8; I got checked to and bet 20 into about 30. Fold and call followed. River was a 3rd heart; the guy checked and i immedaitely checked a pair of 6s. He rolled over 3 8s and I mucked.

We ended up leaving around 2:30 after I said what up to my man P in the Borgata poker room. He works there and I talked to him earlier when he dealt at my table. He's a cool guy and it was good seein him again.

No comments: