3.20.2010

Online Dating

Over the years I've been a single man in my 20s and basically find all avenues to meet women. I go out basically 95% of weekend nights, I try to go to the mall, or get out of my house as often as possible, just to have more face time with people in general. Whether or not that works is not important to this topic; online dating provides another link to women.

So I've heard stories where a lot of people have success at various websites which is nice. I also have heard people complain that websites usually are just tailored to white people. I'm not sure how true this is. I, for one, have not been on any dates with anyone through an online website, but have registered for a few and haev never paid any fees.

Match.com. I've heard this is for people who just want to hook up with others. I didn't pay the monthly fees, so I wouldn't know. I put up a profile, have gotten a few winks/messages, but can't read or write messages back to others since I don't pay, so it's fairly useless. It is a nice site that provides you with 5 daily matches, great details about matches and decent search options.

OkCupid.com. I've been on this for a couple months and it's completely free. I don't go on it often and don't see any girls I'd consider cute on it. They have 3 daily matches too, but they seem tailored to 3 people you'd absolutely ignore if you saw them in real life; odd right?

PlentyofFish.com This free site really is the best of all of them. It is a bit tough because there is no search criteria, but there is a chemistry test you take in the beginning (which I learned alot about myself by). The site searches for % matches to your test. It will also recommend people who it thinks you would find "hot" and the 15 or so they show are spot on.

All this is fine and good, but the problem for me is, I don't think people know a) how tall I am through these pictures, and b) I feel like I have some sort of positive aura that is not captured in these pictures. What I'm trying to say is, I'm ugly, and if people don't meet me/talk to me, they will NOT give me a chance.

haha.

No comments: