3.02.2010

Marathon week to get to Friday

Well, my schedule stayed the same from the work week before. It's as close to clockin in and out of work as I've gotten in a while. I even slept through my alarm on Tues or Wed and had to get called by the Manager to get my ass up!! I took 15 min and hurried downstairs. It was all good though; I was wide awake out of embarrassment, so I drove the hour to work.

I won't be surprised if we get almost 1 speeding ticket per day. There are rarely cops on the roads in Europe, they just have speed trap radars every so often. Our GPS picks up the traps and gives us warnings, but who knows if a) it's getting all of them, and b) if it posts the right speeds. There's also a ton of construction on the highways, so the posted speeds are 90 km/h, but the GPS tells us it's 120... we'll see what happens. We're splitting the bill 3 ways so that makes it a little better, but I think every speeding ticket is EUR 150!!!!! That's like $200!!!

The weekend was an entertaining one. Friday night I went out myself to Bittersweet (the only hip hop club) but this time it was pretty wack. They weren't playing hip hop, and it was a bit dead, although there were some Bboy's in there tearin up the rug. It was cool to watch, but I wasted 8.5 Euro there.

Saturday, I woke up around noon & got some Shwoarma for brunch. It was a pita filled w/chicken, lettuce, fries, tomatoes, chili sauce & Garlic sauce; very very good!! I ate it on the drive to Antwerp! I didn't really decide to go until Friday afternoon, so I wasn't able to contact Ivan (who's from there) to tell me what to check out. I did arrive around 2:30 and walked around the main busy street. It was BUSTLING. I even bought 2 t's from Zara; they have a zara home store (like macy's home department). Pretty crazy.

I settled to eat at this cafe right near the side of the cathedral. I targeted a Nile fish on the menu, since it would be AWESOME to eat fish from the Nile River. The waitor suggested Beef stew and fries because that's more local of a dish. I obliged and it was really good! I followed it up w/some belgian waffles which were DELICIOUS!!!!!!! The waffle was so crispy! I had diced fruit over it with a lot of powdered sugar... OOOOooooOOOOOO.

I really took in all the architecture and statues that were amazing. Really beautiful structures. They even had a castle close to the water. Beautiful beautiful city. I ended up driving back around 7. I was pooped when I got back to the hotel and proceeded to lose ~100 in poker online.

No comments: