3.17.2010

Back to the Red, White & Blue

I spent the last night getting severely cock blocked in Amsterdam. What was cool though, was I went out myself and talked to 2 Latvians, a Swiss, 2 Hungarians, and some Dutchies. It was overall a great night despite being pancaked so badly.

The next morning, I purchased some postcards, a shotglass, and headed to the airport. I got my ticket and headed to gate C. On the way there, I spotted a sign for something I would never expect to be in an airport outside of Las Vegas (or Macau for that matter). A CASINO!!!!!!!!!! I quickly followed the sign as I had 2 hr before my flight. Given potential security going into the US, I wanted to have ample time to get through that. I probably walked/used the electric walkways for like a football field's length when I came upon a converted restaurant/food court that was now a casino!!! It was full of slots, but somehow also had 3 blackjack tables and a roulette wheel WITH DEALERS!!!!!!!!!! There were about 5-6 people in the casino playing EUR 10 minimum blackjack hands and EUR 5 minimum roulette. I put my EUR 10 bill on black and walked away w/a EUR 10 profit!!!!

The overall security at Amsterdam going to the US is not as stringent as I expected. I got to my gate, we got called to get up and each passenger was interviewed by a different security guard. The guy asked me for my passport and ticket; my hands were full so i put my ticket in my mouth, then grabbed my passport out of my pocket and gave them both to him. He commented that I had put the ticket in my mouth, then gave it to him, so I said sorry haha.

Other than that, we went through a regular security gate (putting our stuff through sensors). No one had to go through this at the front of the airport.

The ride home was enjoyable. I watched Devil Wears Prada and The Blind Side (almost cried 4 times). When I finally got back home i was exhausted. I went to bed around 8 and woke up at 9AM. I suggest for anyone trynig to get over Euro jet lag to not get much sleep for the last couple days in Europe (go to sleep at 3-4AM and wake up at 10), then fall right asleep when you get back around 8 and wake up after 10-13 hours of sleep. I felt great the next day. I slept from 11-10 the following day and really never felt tired during the day. I only felt extremely tired at night around 11, which is normal.

No comments: