2.14.2010

Settling into the Renaissance (D2b)

Ironically I checked in w/an Asian lady. I was informed they did NOT have a room ready for me at 930AM, but she hooked me up w/club lounge access, so I could unwind and eat some breakfast in there. It was a nice gesture; they have wireless internet as well, so I started tweeting furiously. I was close to running out of gas around 1030, so I went back downstairs and checked if a) my coworkers had arrived, and b) if my room was ready so i could crash for 2-3 hrs (Anna told me I should NOT sleep at all on the first day). Neither A nor B was affirmative, so I chilled in the lobby for about 20 min.

For some reason I thought I heard the 2 voices of my coworkers, so I rushed upstairs and didn't see them; however, the asian lady told me my room was ready!!!! I rushed upstairs, set all my stuff down and slept for like 3 hours. My head felt like an ANVIL at 3PM when I woke up. I forced myself to get up; I realized I didn't bring shorts, so I set out to buy some.

I walked to Dam Square (pictured, a huge expanse of area wide open in the middle of downtown probably used for concerts and parties?) and up and down these couple streets looking for an athletic store w/basketball shorts and then a restaurant. I found 4 Foot Lockers, Perry Sports, and a million H&Ms, and other shoe stores. It was frustrating since NONE of these stores sold basketball shorts; most had soccer shorts and running shorts that broke the fingertip rule in HS... alas I was not tryin to solicit business as a prostitute.



I did notice the girls in Amsterdam are beautiful. They have beautiful eye, pretty faces and like 90% are not fat. It's really amazing because in 20-30 degree weather, usually you can't tell, but with these women, you definitely can.

I also noticed a lot of people on bikes.

Unfortunately the next 5 days of work would not bring much entertainment aside from the delicious food. More to come...

No comments: