2.13.2010

Getting ready for Amsterdam!!

*Note: This will be the first post most people see since I'm posting the link on facebook soon. I am posting this up on facebook to keep people in the know about what I'm doing while I'm in Europe. It's tough for me to Gchat everyone 32 times about what I did that day/weekend. I really love/appreciate comments (well I like people actually reading too).


The past week I've been just completing a project, and getting ready for work in Amsterdam. I packed most of my things up last week, and did a review of them last night. I usually like to bring 6 dress shirts (in case something gets out of wack and I can't get dry cleaning done as well as maybe using one to go out over the weekend. I also go with 4 shirts to work out in because I plan to work out every OTHER day. This usually doesn't work out so well, but I try to use them as shirts I sleep in too, so they double in purpose.

The things I usually forget is my work belt, underwear & dress shoes. I forget my work belt and dress shoes because these are things I never wear unless it's to work, so it's tough to remember while packing (I haven't forgotten it in 2-3 trips now so I'm feeling good about that). I think I forget underwear because I usually like to pack that last since I don't have superfluous underwear. I only have 5 packed in right now.

This trip, I brought 3 ties. The problem is, I don't have something to hold the ties in, so they get all folded up. I saw "Up in the Air"; George Clooney has a tie holder that looks sweeeeeet. It's leather zip up. I need to get that (even though I don't really travel as MUCH anymore).

I also definitely remembered my passport, corporate credit card, Continental and Marriott elite cards (not really necessary, just wanted to mention so everyone knows I have them). I actually realized instead of my hilton AMEX I wish Continental was on AMEX. Maybe they are, I would get that because there aren't many value added hotel privileges (more points per stay, maybe a small gift for lowest status) as opposed to airline benefits (free checked bags, walking through the fast security lines). I'm going to look into this soon.

Well my cab gets here in about an hour, so I'm going to review what I'm bringing to make sure I have all the stuff that's essential. I also need to grab a shirt to wear out of my bag (in order to save space).

No comments: