9.20.2009

Congrats to Marc & Natoya!!

The week went pretty smooth; I don't have much responsibility on the project i'm on right now probably because i'm the lowest on the ladder and they hooked me up since I"ve been working non stop for 5 or so weeks. It's been nice; I really think i've improved so much at my job over the past 2-3 months. I'm doing the easy sections on this audit and it really helps. I still work hard, but I was able to finish early and submit an expense report which is nice.

I had to drive home on Friday because Marc's wedding was Saturday. Fortunately I got to leave around 145 and made it home in decent time. I relaxed the rest of the day then slept at my parents' house to keep them some company.

Saturday I relaxed in the morning. I played a few poker tournies fri and sat and made prob around $5 which is nice at the stakes I play right now. Bodog completely lost all its action pretty much which is a bit sad, although I don't play regularly now so i prob wouldnt' even be great.

Bryan was gonna pick me up around 2:45 and at 2:20 i realized I forgot to get a card!!!! I ran out the door and dashed to target. I got a card and came back in time; luckily I had money ni my wallet for the gift, so I quickly wrote up the note, buttoned my white express shirt w/pink windows, tied my pink/blue burb tie, put my navy pants on (tight as hell), grabbed my asian style button up suit top, my keys, wallet and card and rushed out the door.

I met Toby the cute little dog (cross between something regal sounding and a beagle) who apparently loves sitting on Carol's lap in the car and doesn't make a sound, and we set off to Carol's parents' house to drop him off. We then made it to the church 5 min late, but luckily the ceremony started 40 min late.

The ceremony was freaking AWESOME!!! The groomsmen and bridesmaids entered from different places and met in front of the groom; the each groomsman bowed when the bridesmaid stopped, locked arms and the lady was escorted to the left; the groomsman then walked to the right and this happened 8 times!!! It was awesome.

Later I exchanged greetings with Natoya and Marcs parents as well as Marc and Natoya w/the congratulatories. We set off for Berlin, NJ which is way south. We stopped on the way at BK to get some cheesy tots and sandwiches because we were all famished. Later we made it about 15 min late to the cocktail hour; the food was freaking delicious!!! They had a large cold plate spread and several hot plate stations. I made eye contact w/a couple hotties in the church and cocktail hour, but found out they were all taken by LARGE men (for once my passivity was a virtue).

The reception area was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Huge venue, large chandeliers, beautiful colors. The chicken dinner was worse than the cocktail hour food no joke!! We watched the wedding party enter really really late (around 840?). Everything was really late; we finally ate at 1030ish and the dancing "started" around 1130? We left aroudn 1145 while everyone started dancing since they were tired and we had to drive a long way home, as well as the fact that there were no single chicks to be had (disappointment).

It was a great wedding all in all. Enjoy the ice sculpture!

No comments: