Plenty of time has passed since my last post; my only reader, me, has been drowning in anticipation.
My pops came to Portland last week and enjoyed himself thoroughly; he walked around downtown Portland on Friday, we drove to Mt. Hood and Multnoma Falls (right) and did some shopping at an outlet mall we found South of Portland. I got the black letters on black jersey U of Oregon bball jersey as well as the green w/yellow lettering one. The green jersey has a sick camoflage design on it in all green that really looks nice.
Anyway, we went to Jake's Grill on Friday night again; I unfortunately forgot what I ordered. We had some calamari (delicious), and a seafood sampler (pretty tasty raw seafood including small oysters, small shrimp and a crawfish). We had a creme brulee', blackberry tart, and chocolate puree dessert sampler as well which was not tasted, very good but could lose the seeds, not very good respectively. My father had a grilled Halibut which he enjoyed thoroughly.
We ate at the falls on Saturday; I had a French Dip which is always tasty. This one was a bit on the tougher side meatwise. The day was a long one, but we survived, and I got back into poker, winning a small sit and go while coming out about 10% in the black in a cash game.
Sunday I agonized while watching Patriots/Jets because the West Coast didn't show my beloved Giants. They won, so I was happy, but starting football at 10AM is a bit crazy! I'll be doing that tomorrow morning! Once the first set of games over, my dad got back from his public transportation "tasting". He basically purchased an all day pass to ride around the subway/light rail/bus for however long he pleased. He took a practice run to the airport as his flight was Monday morning and he wanted to be sure of the time it took to get to the airport.
Once he came back, we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings (BW3's). Their wings are AMAZING!!! I had parmesean/garlic wings, medium wings, teryiaki wings and honey BBQ wings. Can you believe we ate this as I was trying to process the Chargers/Broncos game?!?!?! That was when Cutler fumbled, but it was called an incomplete pass. The Broncos scored the apparent game-tying TD, but went for 2 and were successful!!! Mike Shanahan is a crazy coach who should get a lot of respect for taking risks like that!
Once we were done we decided to drive to the Rose Garden where i picked up some presents for the people back home.
Monday, I went back to work and found out around 9PM PT my dad arrived in NJ safely. Coming back tomorrow w/a post hopefully about my great weekend in Seattle.
No comments:
Post a Comment