9.10.2008

1st week in Portland

So I totally forgot I have a blog that no one reads. It's been two weeks since the last blog where I was in Connecticut. I finished the project over there and have moved on to Portland, Oregon! The Delta flight was a long 5.5 hours from Newark (EWR) to Portland (PDX). The plane seemed pretty new and clean. The leather seats were a nice touch, but honestly I was sweating profusely while we waited for the flight to take off (always happens at EWR) and throughout the whole flight I'd get up and my back would be moist with sweat. Anyway, I sat next to a gentleman seemingly in his late 20's from Portland who had driven across country to help his friend make the Portland to NYC transition (quite a transition).
There were TV's with DirectTV in each headrest for everyone's enjoyment, everything except the in flight information, flight trivia game and TV cost you 2-6 dollars. The TV didn't even work for at least 25% of the flight as there was no signal. That was pretty frustrating. I wanted to check out TO's touchdown dance (he's on my fantasy team) and the signal was lost everytime the Cowboys highlights came on.
Speaking of Fantasy Football, I have Randy Moss (who's MVP QB just went down for the season; hopefully Matt "Sam" Cassel can hold up his end of the bargain). I really liked my team until Lendale White didn't play much and Ricky "Light it up" Williams laid an enormous egg vs. the Jets. Matt forte made me happy though; I was able to see him rip off a 54 yard TD against the Colts on Monday night.
I walked around Portland's downtown area tonight and couldn't find the restaurant I was searching for, so I settled for Pastini Pastaria. I got a delicious Pollo Rosso which is spirals w/spinach, chicken, sun dried tomatoes and gorgonzola sprinkled on top in a red sauce. It was served w/a small side of bread. The hostess and waitress were both very nice and I was seated at a "corner" table. Corner is in quotes because the table was near the wall, but there was a column near the wall; the table was placed around one corner of the column, which made an interesting shape. I sat w/the column on my left (the empty seat was to the left of the column, whereas there was an empty seat to my right, but there was no leg room for my imaginary friend.
After dinner I walked to Nike town and left befuddled that it had closed its doors at 7PM?!?!?! I strolled over to Nordstroms and perused for about 4 min. Later I rode the stationary bike for 15 min and did my normal bicep workout before hopping in the hot tub. I planned to be in there for 12 min, but the smell was so strong that I had to get up and leave.
I'll mention that I had Chinese buffet for lunch. It was decent, not great. The rice was plump, but if I'm mentioning the rice, you know the food is not great.
Last night we had Jake's Grill for dinner. I had an appetizer that included a soft garlic type bread w/shrimp in a watery mustard (not really tasting like mustard) sauce w/mushrooms. That was very very tasty. I then had a grilled Atlantic Salmon for dinner w/amazing rice pilaf. My team ordered macaroni and cheese (pretty tasty, but not comparable to Flemings) and steamed spinach which was healthy and tasty as well.
That's about it for tonight. It's 3:07AM ET, and I need to get up at 7AM PT; figure that one out.

No comments: